Notices

Originally Posted by El Amir View Post
Hi, I'm a really big fan of both the widget and the main application but I have one request:

could there be a way, even if it's an option, to add a "Source" button to the widget, so we can change the input on the tv from satellite to dvd or ps3.

That would be great!
We would like to keep the widget as simple as possible so we are not planning on adding more buttons. However you can send any commands by changing the cmd options from the advanced settings menu. Available codes for the selected remote are in ~/.config/irwi/lirc.conf.

The Following User Says Thank You to bomep For This Useful Post:
I seem to have found the cause of the error, when I try to install your widget I get the following error:

Code:
error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/qt4-homescreen-loader_4.6.2~git20100421-0maemo1-armel.deb (--unpack):
 trying to overwrite '/usr/lib/hildon-desktop/loaders/libqtpluginloader.so' which is also in package qt4-maemo5-homescreen-loader
Any ideas on how to fix this?

I've removed 'qt4-homescreen-loader' and it has now installed, not sure if I needed that though (it has also removed qt4-maemo-homescreen-loader, again not sure if i need that)

Last edited by kevinm2k; 2010-06-29 at 13:31.

irwi works nicely with Sony Bravia KLD-40X3500.

Downloaded Sony RM-ED006 configuration - even if the original remote is RM-ED010. Thanks guys.

- kepler

Is there a request forum topic for remote controls?

I have the 42SL9000 from LG with the MKJ61541804 remote control.
Unfortunately this remote doesn't exist in the databank. Can i ask for support somewhere?

Originally Posted by Shark View Post
Is there a request forum topic for remote controls?

I have the 42SL9000 from LG with the MKJ61541804 remote control.
Unfortunately this remote doesn't exist in the databank. Can i ask for support somewhere?
This thread works fine for requests

We are working on an upload feature that would allow users to upload remotes to the database. To create your own remotes you'd need a computer with IR receiver and Linux installed.

As for the request, we can't really help, as we would need the original remote to record IR codes from to create correct configuration file.

Last edited by zokier; 2010-06-30 at 07:50.

I am after a remote for a Vistron Sense LCD tv, we dont' have a remote at all, so its a pain, any ideas where I could find one? I did find some Vistron tele's on lirc but didn't know how to load them up.

Also, I was attempting to change the power button to a source button, went in to the irwi.conf and change a line from: KEY4=POWER to KEY4=source, this did nothing though and the button still acted as power. Did I miss something ?

Originally Posted by kevinm2k View Post
I seem to have found the cause of the error, when I try to install your widget I get the following error:

Code:
error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/qt4-homescreen-loader_4.6.2~git20100421-0maemo1-armel.deb (--unpack):
 trying to overwrite '/usr/lib/hildon-desktop/loaders/libqtpluginloader.so' which is also in package qt4-maemo5-homescreen-loader
Any ideas on how to fix this?

I've removed 'qt4-homescreen-loader' and it has now installed, not sure if I needed that though (it has also removed qt4-maemo-homescreen-loader, again not sure if i need that)

Irreco widget depends on qt4-homescreen-loader.

I'm not sure why there are two similar conflicting loaders since both are maintained by the same person.
http://maemo.org/packages/view/qt4-homescreen-loader/
http://maemo.org/packages/view/qt4-m...screen-loader/

Removing the maemo5-loader and reinstalling the widget should fix the problem.

I am after a remote for a Vistron Sense LCD tv, we dont' have a remote at all, so its a pain, any ideas where I could find one? I did find some Vistron tele's on lirc but didn't know how to load them up.
As zokier mentioned we are working on an upload feature. When it's ready you can use it to upload lirc confs to our database.

Also, I was attempting to change the power button to a source button, went in to the irwi.conf and change a line from: KEY4=POWER to KEY4=source, this did nothing though and the button still acted as power. Did I miss something ?
Thanks for finding a bug . I just noticed that my code is not working correctly in this situation. Zokier will make a new release soon.

But you don't need to edit the irwi.conf. All available IR codes for selected remote are there and you only need to change the commands from the advanced settings menu in the widget.

The Following User Says Thank You to bomep For This Useful Post:
the widget looks nice but the remote doesnt work, tried a dozen different remotes and nothing worked. I used to use the app version before but then that ended up messing my device and had to reflash it but even then when it worked the range was too short and was therefore a hit n miss at times. Not sure if the range issue lies within the hardware or software.
But this widget definetly did not work not even 1 button and I have a samsung lcd.

Could use support for panasonic EUR511241.

Everything except power works with the currently available EUR remote but this tv cannot be turned on without the remote.