Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
It is common knowledge. Elop has sold everything in MS and purchased Nokia shares instead (if that makes him even more braindead, that's another matter )
Don't reply in a way that makes you look foolish. As I clearly elaborated, I'm not seeking some nebulous anecdotal "common knowledge." I was seeking some reference so that if someone were to ask me about it, I can state incontestable evidence to prove said statements.

Originally Posted by kevloral View Post
Actually, that is not the case. He is still the eighth biggest individual MS stockholder:

http://www.dailyfinance.com/company/...onal-ownership

Elop (Stephen A)
Shares: 130,026
Estimated Value of Shares: 3.18 M US$
Thank you! That's PRECISELY the type of evidence I'm looking for. You, sir, are an asset to this forum.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following User Says Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by kevloral View Post
Actually, that is not the case. He is still the eighth biggest individual MS stockholder:

http://www.dailyfinance.com/company/...onal-ownership

Elop (Stephen A)
Shares: 130,026
Estimated Value of Shares: 3.18 M US$
Hmm, I see my pension fund got some largish interest in there as well, so keep on going MS

But:
http://www.businessinsider.com/nokia...s-nokia-2011-2

That is common knowledge. However, Finnish and EU law does not allow him to simply swap shares when he is/was so deep involved in both companies, there are legalities involved, and it take some time. (To be honest I thought it was done by now).

Banned | Posts: 974 | Thanked: 622 times | Joined on Oct 2010
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Don't reply in a way that makes you look foolish. As I clearly elaborated, I'm not seeking some nebulous anecdotal "common knowledge." I was seeking some reference so that if someone were to ask me about it, I can state incontestable evidence to prove said statements.

Thank you! That's PRECISELY the type of evidence I'm looking for. You, sir, are an asset to this forum.
And you sir Dan Ramos the zealot, if you have lived in the Dark Ages, you would have felt right at home with your pessimistic religious doomsday view on everything you disagree slightly with.

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by ericsson View Post
That is common knowledge. However, Finnish and EU law does not allow him to simply swap shares when he is/was so deep involved in both companies, there are legalities involved, and it take some time. (To be honest I thought it was done by now).
Don't get me wrong I'm not picking on you, but aren't Elop an american and he's assuming duty as a CEO in a US listed company? How could Finnish and EU laws apply to him? Enlighten me please.

The Following User Says Thank You to 9000 For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
First of all he is Canadian, and corporate governance is immune to nationalism. All corporations have well ironed rules when it comes to execs changing jobs. It has nothing to do with country of origin.

Originally Posted by BigBadGuber! View Post
First of all he is Canadian, and corporate governance is immune to nationalism. All corporations have well ironed rules when it comes to execs changing jobs. It has nothing to do with country of origin.
Really, I didn't corporate governance is immune to nationalism. I'll do future research on that. Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to 9000 For This Useful Post:
What if wp7 strategy fails?

Here’s what Elop said in an interview with CNBC’s Bill Griffeth:
Griffeth: Here’s the question I have, Mr. Elop. As you transition from the Symbian platform – the operating system you’ve had for so many years there – to the Windows operating system, you are already scaling back research and development. Trying to cut costs as you make this transition. But you’re making the transition to an operating system that’s been used for handsets for ten years and has failed to gain traction at this point against the likes of an Apple or Android. I guess my first question to is, you know what if it doesn’t gain traction? These new Windows phones that you’re going to bring to market later this year? You’re already abandoning Symbian for down the road? What’s Plan B if this doesn’t work?

Elop: Plan B is to make sure that Plan A is very successful. The critical ingredient for success are there, consumers are saying the Windows brand operating system is very good. Better in terms of their satisfaction than the competing platforms, but Microsoft hasn’t had a partner doing its best work for Windows Phone. That’s the commitment Nokia made through this processor. By bringing together our hardware, software and services assets with the strengths that Microsoft brings, we have a formula we believe will drive great success.
So Elop does not have a Plan B, I hope thats just ceo babble, otherwise I'm worried about the future of nokia.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rugoz For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Rugoz View Post
What if wp7 strategy fails?

Here’s what Elop said in an interview with CNBC’s Bill Griffeth:

So Elop does not have a Plan B, I hope thats just ceo babble, otherwise I'm worried about the future of nokia.
I think WP7 strategy failing is plan A.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 9000 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Great. Here comes another stock drop...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Of course it is. When you launch a new strategy, even one we here think is foolish, you don't advertise that you're prepared for failure (even if you are).

And there's never a file in a drawer marked "Plan B" anyway.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada blows, buysomethinelse, erics the idiot, goodbye nokia, nok+ms rox more, nokia's dead, oh so dead, so dead