Active Topics

Posts: 1,700 | Thanked: 4,751 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Well yes, I remember installation said installing manually after the error. I just thought that maybe it is not working at all but then it may concern only the man installation. Have by the way now started to go through youtube basic linux stuff so hopefully I don't fill this forum for long with my uneducationess. Like I don't know how to check installation logs to see what has happened. Or is it the same as in ham?

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following User Says Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 862 | Thanked: 2,511 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
Well yes, I remember installation said installing manually after the error.
Which installation Sometimes due to dependency problems package could not be configured. Try to reconfigure the package with dpkg and look what the output says.

Originally Posted by Maemish View Post
Like I don't know how to check installation logs to see what has happened. Or is it the same as in ham?
Usually it is /var/log/dpkg.log but it could be that there is no log file on N900 to prevent the root for filling up. Don't know about ham where should it be?

When there is no log file the best would be to read the console output during installation.

The Following User Says Thank You to Halftux For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,700 | Thanked: 4,751 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
I was visiting doctor and she asked me to come in just when the installation finished and I accidentally shot the xterm before reading well the output.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following User Says Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Posts: 61 | Thanked: 83 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by ymartin59 View Post
Since recently SoundCloud download from gPodder fails with sslv3 handshake error.
Notice, retrieving podcast list is still possible.
From last week I have same problem. So I compiled python2.5 against openssl1.1 and download is working again.
Not sure if it doesnt broke anything else so packages not in the repositories yet. Actually only _ssl.so from python2.5_2.5.4-1maemo7_armel.deb is needed.
If you want to revert back:
Code:
apt-get install python2.5=2.5.4-1maemo6
packages are here: python2.5-minimal_armel.deb python2.5_armel.deb python2.5.tar.gz

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to zod For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2017 @ Germany
I have built the latest version of 1.0.2 as I needed it for OSM2go, the packages are here: https://github.com/osm2go/openssl/tree/openssl-1.0.2

Since 1.1.0 was longer out of support than 1.0.2 I skipped that one. Building 1.1.1 isn't possible without a Perl update as it seems, has anyone managed to build that?

I would be very much interested in having a more recent, more upstreamish (as in CSSU or so) version that can be installed in parallel to the old system library.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dakon For This Useful Post: