Active Topics

Posts: 433 | Thanked: 727 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Costa Blanca, Espaņa
Hi all,

I've been tinkering again, this time I used some code shown to me by john_god. The code pertains to Settings.

Code:
    import Nemo.Configuration 1.0

bla/bla/bla/

ConfigurationGroup {
            id: settings
            path: "/apps/harbour-yourApp"
        }
    }
The idea of my Settings, is to set positions of draggable rectangles on the lockscreen in both portrait and landscape, all of which was working when the 'path' was "/apps/harbour-yourApp", but I wanted to change the given path, which I did and now Settings no longer works, why does my new path for Settings not work?

I completely removed all traces of "/apps/harbour-yourApp" via dconf thinking that the new path I set would accommodate Settings. Upon using 'dconf list /' I can find the path for my new Settings but they do not change and the positions of my draggable rectangles won't stay where they are dragged to....?

Any ideas?

Last edited by Markkyboy; 2018-10-17 at 10:21. Reason: [solved]

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Markkyboy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 433 | Thanked: 727 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Costa Blanca, Espaņa
Okay, my own fault, it just took a while to work out what happened.

Basically I was expecting Settings to handle 2 lots of settings; it seems that the 'settings' for landscape cancels out 'settings' for portrait when neither is specified as separate settings.

I need to declare (perhaps with 'id') what gets set as drag settings in portrait and likewise with landscape.

For those wondering what I'm attempting to achieve, it is a draggable clock, date, weather and calendar for lockscreen, each of the mentioned items sits in/on an invisible rectangle with drag boundaries set (screen edges) in portrait and landscape.

In order to make this work, I basically hid the lockscreen Clock contents (time & date) and replaced with 2 files; PortraitPage.qml and LandscapePage.qml and filled both with contents of clock, date, weather and calendar, so there are 2 sets of each item; 2 clock, 2 date, 2 weather and 2 calendar (1 of each item for both Pages) but expecting Settings to handle both Portrait and Landscape without defining each set of Settings - hope that makes sense.

After investigating again, I tried hiding PortraitPage & LandscapePage and unhiding Clock.qml - then all my settings worked again, even surviving reboot or shutdown <----- a key factor I forgot to mention in my original question, my settings were working until the device was rebooted or restarted. *sigh*

Solved!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Markkyboy For This Useful Post: