Closed Thread
got it, im being an idiot

just a short notice..and a very very big thanks...

first of all very nice release

- installer works fine
(all the patches worked.. except the lcd-density seems i bit to low.. (a little display issue with the last/lowest line of aps in the home-menu e.g the app-description)

- multiboot works great
(booted maemo with omap-kernel)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

additional steps:

- installed power-kernel-bootimage(power40) + kernel-power-modules(power40), edited the item file und kernel-image

- booted happily ---> maemo with power40

you just made my day :-) and its only 00:42 here in germany

Last edited by Boogietown; 2010-08-16 at 22:46.

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Aug 2010 @ New York
THIS IS NO LONGER AN ISSUE. TRIED REINSTALLING IT AGAIN AND IT SEEMS TO BE WORKING FINE.

Thank you
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello! I just tried installing using the Auto Installer. Installation went fine but when I restarted the device and chose NITDroid, I get following message:

mounting root device mmcbk0p2 failed
guru meditation #00000025.62017712

Hit any key to panic.

Any help please?

Last edited by anand_cd; 2010-08-17 at 03:18.

Can't figure out where to post this on the NITdroid forum but it seems like Android is less table in this iteration over the previous one. I keep getting app errors all the time no matter what the set up stands out more.

there is a new autoinstaller released, but the repository doesn't work!
anyone else with problems?!

Originally Posted by kylepsp View Post
got it, im being an idiot
why don't you post the solution? what if someone else has this problem, so you could help him?!

please tell us the solution

Quick question. Is vsync working on NitDroid? Can you scroll fast without page tearing?

nice work nitdroid team... i managed to boot in maemo with power kernel 40, but i dont know how to overclock my phone, whenever i tried to type this commands on xterminal kernel-config show or kernel-config limits 250 850 it says that sh: kernel-config not found.., any hints how to set my processor speed to 250-850? thanks

Originally Posted by stalker View Post
nice work nitdroid team... i managed to boot in maemo with power kernel 40, but i dont know how to overclock my phone, whenever i tried to type this commands on xterminal kernel-config show or kernel-config limits 250 850 it says that sh: kernel-config not found.., any hints how to set my processor speed to 250-850? thanks
If you want to enable overclock in titan's power40:

download kernel-power-settings_0.11_armel.deb and copy the file to /home/user/MyDocs/tmp (please note if the tmp dir doesnt exist you will need to create it).

Open xterminal and as root:

cd /home/user/MyDocs/tmp
dpkg-deb -x kernel-power-settings_0.11_armel.deb /home/user/MyDocs/tmp

Now you should see in that directory two new dirs. One will be called usr and one called etc

You now need to copy those two folders into the system in "/" (not in "/root" !)

I use OpenSSH Server to do this (is simple )

If program ask you to overwrite file click yes to all.

Once you have done this the last step is to change the perms on the two binaries.

Open xterminal and as root:

chmod +x /usr/sbin/kernel-*

That's all !

Now keep in mind this means you wont get update notifications about kernel-power etc as you are essentially just copying files and not installing the package itself.

The Following User Says Thank You to gft2k1 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Turkishflavor View Post
there is a video where it's working: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R70EpGI59zA
Wow! This is the best thing I've seen so far.
Finally some replacement OS for maemo that's capable of making a call and browse the web over 3g!
This was the only thing holding me back from installing android on my N900.
I hope they'll have it finished soon

Someone should open up a paypal account for donations, I'll be happy to contribute.

Closed Thread