Hello I just wanted to ask a quick question. I truly enjoy the fact that the N900 can handle hundreds even thousands of text messages without lag however I was wondering if there was an easier way to scroll through them? As far as I know the only way to scroll is to use the touch screen but I'm curious to know if there's a way to maybe use the arrow keys or some other way to scroll faster. It can get frustrating having to scroll through hundreds of texts to get back to the first ones (chronologically). For example in my N85 the scrolling would speed up the longer the up key was pressed and I could even press down to jump up all the way to the first text sent. Could that be possible with some tweaking? Or maybe a newer conversations app I'm not aware of? Thank you.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rolcrz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
The Conversations app itself is closed source, so I think the only way to fix this would be to re-write the app. I haven't heard of anybody doing that.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by rolcrz View Post
I was wondering if there was an easier way to scroll through them? As far as I know the only way to scroll is to use the touch screen but I'm curious to know if there's a way to maybe use the arrow keys or some other way to scroll faster.
If you know the content of the message you are looking for, Scout application will be the fastest way to find an old message.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
Slightly off topic, can anybody confirm a bug I have in Conversations?
Open conversation app, open an SMS conversation then hold the up key on the keypad.
CPU goes to 100%?

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber

Man it's a real bummer that there's no simple workaround it would make the app that much better IMO. I guess I'll try that Scout app, i'm guessing it's like a search program? Thank you for the responses so far.

yep, can search contacts/conversations/calender.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber