Active Topics

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 94 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Ireland
Hi all

Ok strange issues with iMap, and the built in email client.

Claws works with gmail in my home and work Wifi networks.
Client email only works in home network.

Web browsing works in home and work, AP widget updated in both, but FB and Twitter widgets will only update in home Wifi...

Witter works in both, downloading apps works in both

Pulling my hair out here, Claws might have shed load of options but its pants in terms of look, i want the built in email client to work in my home network.

All my settings are correct, please help

Anyone, anyone, Bewler, anyone ?

Try changing username to yourusername@googlemail.com rather than yourusername@gmail.com.

Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
There may be some restrictions at the firewall level in your workplace. Ask the admins.

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

dont think so as my 5800 works perfect in my workplace, so cant be this, and just today I have started to actually get updates in the inbox on N900 but when i click the email is says

"Message not available on Server" and then sometimes another one, cant recall the text though

Originally Posted by rm42 View Post
There may be some restrictions at the firewall level in your workplace. Ask the admins.

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Universe,LocalCluster.MilkyWay.Sol.Earth.Europe.Slovenia.Ljubljana
It's IMAP(4) not iMap it's not an apple product or anything As for having probs. Google has issues(that they do not want to fix) with proper IMAP clients which I actually believe modest is to an extent if not fully(i.e. not caching, keeping a connection(though not sure about that)).

You could try using telnet to establish a connection that way to see if that works. That way you'll see if the issue is actually with a firewall or with something else.
zsh|xmms2|fcron|gtar|gcoreutils