Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
Update:

I was on 2.5 (Edge) and not 3G. I am a dumba55. Sorry. I am banning myself from thread creations for three days. Unless something good and will make people happy

When calls come in, the internet connection is disabled. I was on this forum reading about Quake 3, a yellow bar popped up saying data disconnected and the call came in.

Is this normal for the N900 or a bug? Does not do it on any other phone. Not that anyone cares, but I was able to stream a Jetflicks video while getting calls on the wimpy G1.

Last edited by Rushmore; 2009-11-30 at 22:16.

Were you on a 3G/wifi connection when this happend? If so, this seems like it would be a pretty big deal. Can anyone else confirm this?

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post
When calls come in, the internet connection is disabled. I was on this forum reading about Quake 3, a yellow bar popped up saying data disconnected and the call came in.

Is this normal for the N900 or a bug? Does not do it on any other phone. Not that anyone cares, but I was able to stream a Jetflicks video while getting calls on the wimpy G1.
Were you on 2g or 3g? With 2g gsm you cannot have phone calls + data at same time on any phone!

What if your downloading a big file and a call comes through, the download just stops and you have to restart?

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
I have only 2G in Canada because of frequency differences. It does indeed disconnect the net connection while I am in a call.

Posts: 163 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Alabama
Originally Posted by Rushmore View Post

This only happens if you are on EDGE, or GPRS, but if you are on 3G it should continue working as usual

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If I can help with anything else, just ask!

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
That has not happened for me on 2.5G, but once I did get an issue where the N900 would not let go og my home wifi even after I was far from the house, and I could not accept calls until rebooting. Only happened that one time; every other time the wifi connection was released some distance from the house and nothing else has blocked calls.

Posts: 1,255 | Thanked: 393 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ US
I was one Edge, but do not recall this happening on the G1. In regards to the Jetflicks statement, I am a dumba55 because I was on 3G or wifi- never 2G or Edge. Not fast enough.

How can I edit my title? To hide my shallow and (though unintentional) misleading post?

I have tried to edit the title, but it does not change on the forum.

N900 supports simultaneous internet and call on edge afaik, but not many networks support it.