Originally Posted by fnordianslip View Post
I'm not generally a huge fan of google services, but I've found a winning combination, IMHO.
I use Feedly as a front-end for Google Reader, in Firefox on all of my regular 'puters, and I use the iPhone version of Google Reader on my N800 and N900.
This works nicely for me. Google also strips the linked articles down to a bare minimum on the iPhone version and saves much traffic. Its all synced so you don't read dupes.
It works really well. Give it a spin ...
I'm a huge fan of Google Reader and spend most of mine time in it. I've never heard of Feedly but I'll have to try it out. I'm glad to hear that the N900 plays nice with Google Reader. Currently trying to use the mobile version of Google Reader on the E71 that I currently have is a little painful. I look forward to trying it out on my N900 when it gets here.

Posts: 1,589 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Arlington (DFW), Texas
I'm not a fan of online RSS browsing. I prefer offline instead. That's why I don't like Google Reader. I LOVE Firefox Brief, Internet Explorer's reader, and even Nokia's built in S60 reader, and they all work offline. I use the N900 SIM free

Posts: 600 | Thanked: 742 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ England
Originally Posted by maemojedi View Post
Browser is great however, I haven't quite got the hang of clicking links.

Most of the time it zooms in instead of opening links. Anyone know how to rectify this?
You need to develop a certain knack. You must tap hard enough that contact with the touchscreen is not interrupted (because that would break up your tap into two taps, i.e. a double-click which zooms).

Also it helps to know that a very quick tap just moves the focus to a button or a link and doesn't "click" it. A substantial push will click it, but don't press for too long or it will be detected as "long tap" which works like a right-click on a desktop browser.

After a short time it becomes second nature.

Regards,
Roger

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eiffel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by christexaport View Post
I'm upset that there's no RSS mechanism for subscribing to feeds. What are we supposed to do, open, RSS and load in feeds? In 2009?!
I'm not sure I understand what you mean, but while on the web page, just tap "+" -> subscribe to rss feed?

The Following User Says Thank You to peio For This Useful Post:
thanks peio. I actully remember hearing that before. but it would be nice to have some sort of indicator that a feed is present instead of always having to check the Add button. maybe make it flicker if a feed is available?

I've seen rave reviews for the N900 browser. Even Engadget liked it. SlashGear compared the N900 speed of rendering with that of the HD2 using the Opera browser. Surprisingly the HD2 came out the winner. I don't know if this may have to do with the method - they measured rendering of the full version of each site. As the N900 loads the full flash this may have slowed down it's full rendering compared to the HD2 Opera, may it not? Would anyone know if SlashGear is comparing apples to oranges in this case?

opera has a turbo mode and does server side rendering like Opera Mini. So its expectedly faster, but dependant upon Opera stsying in business. I prefer keeping the rendering local. more secure