Active Topics

Originally Posted by rm42 View Post
I don't remember where, but I remember someone saying something to the effect that "thinking of using a little Microsoft software in your company is akin to thinking about getting a little pregnant".
Or what we guys say when a girl doesn't give the burger, "come on, just the HEAD..."

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 85 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Athens Greece
Originally Posted by patlak View Post
Or what we guys say when a girl doesn't give the burger, "come on, just the HEAD..."
lol that ain't gonna happen!

Originally Posted by s4br0s0 View Post
Edit: This is priceless:

Who is the boss? Nokia o Windows?

For Windows Phone smartphones, no Nokia smartphones.
I've already said that. Elop is working for microsoft, not for nokia. he always talk about ecosystems. he never talk about smartphones. his goal is, he said, "windows ecosystem growing". no m. elop!! you're wrong!!! you're goal is to make nokia a success and the way to take was to divide your strategy: adopt android or windowsphone! not only one!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gruik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gruik View Post
I've already said that. Elop is working for microsoft, not for nokia. he always talk about ecosystems. he never talk about smartphones. his goal is, he said, "windows ecosystem growing". no m. elop!! you're wrong!!! you're goal is to make nokia a success and the way to take was to divide your strategy: adopt android or windowsphone! not only one!
I say the short version and you elaborated, that was i thinking but the support aswell his own OS (symbian, maemo, meego, harmattan, whatever).

They should give options (OS) with the hardware (strong point of nokia) and let the consumer buy what they consider best for for they need (they could feed that needs with that plan).

Greetings.

The Following User Says Thank You to s4br0s0 For This Useful Post:
The funny thing in Elop's plan is that there is no new, special and out of this world WP device he was "selling" to the consumer, shareholder, board, etc. Going by the old strategy, Nokia should be presenting N10 next month. What a mistake of nature this Elop dude really is.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to patlak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 153 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ New Zealand
Originally Posted by s4br0s0 View Post
Is good to be in same page as someone and still discuss poitns of view.

My point is very simple, the shareholder(s) can't cry because they should know what the risk are (and should know all the reasons, "we" [you and i] didn't), and they deserve lose money.

To me this is funny and sad, because a lot of people see this coming (Nokia falling down, not going up with WP strategy), but what we know??? We are consumers, if they marketing us a pink elephant as the super duper last thing, we probably buy it, right?

I totally understand what you mean and trust me, we are on the same page but saying different.

Greetings.
Ah fair enough, I take back my comprehension comments since reading more of your posts I don't think English is your first language, so that was completely unfair.
For some reason I wrongly thought I smelt blind patriot LumiaLemmingman type garbage in your post, one of those ******s spouting propaganda in this forum is plenty.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HanzBlix For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by HanzBlix View Post
Ah fair enough, I take back my comprehension comments since reading more of your posts I don't think English is your first language, so that was completely unfair.
For some reason I wrongly thought I smelt blind patriot LumiaLemmingman type garbage in your post, one of those ******s spouting propaganda in this forum is plenty.
Yes is not my first language, i don't even bother about the comprehension comments, i try to be sarcastic in some of my comments and not always do it right i guess (but i'll keep trying).

Greetings.

I have to point out two recent posts from another some what related thread, it took a while to track them down but reading this thread the first thing I thought of was this guys comments.

Must read! Tomi Ahonen roasts Elop's decisions

Originally Posted by Faustino View Post
I'm hearing there may be a vote of no confidence for Elop coming very shortly.. interesting times
When quizzed on what he based this comment on.....

Originally Posted by Faustino View Post
Through work. I'm a bankruptcy analyst. The company i work for investigates rumours and gathers as much information as possible before making credit reports.

One option they have is to split the company up and apply for Ch.11 bankruptcy protection in the US which they can use to reorganize from top to bottom while protecting assets.

When any senior executive for a large company is "on the ropes", the company I work for flag it immediately. One Chairman is already leaving which was reported already but the CEO position is being looked into so there's definitely more to it than just rumour.
That guys experience at his work is interesting to say the least when you think about this latest round of news eh.
I can't help but ponder how related this lawsuit is with that little factoid.

Last edited by HanzBlix; 2012-05-04 at 21:00.

The Following User Says Thank You to HanzBlix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 273 | Thanked: 463 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Athens
Originally Posted by patlak View Post
The funny thing in Elop's plan is that there is no new, special and out of this world WP device he was "selling" to the consumer, shareholder, board, etc. Going by the old strategy, Nokia should be presenting N10 next month. What a mistake of nature this Elop dude really is.
Dude I wish I could hit the thank you button 1000 times. Seriosuly mistake of nature is the best description of failop I've ever red. The guy not only destroyed in record time the biggest cell phone company but he also screwed the last chance we had for a competitive open platform on our cellphones(please don't quote this and say android is open a pony will die if you do) and moved us one step closer to a market like the desktop market where one company has everyone by the balls and does as it pleases.

Thank you Stephen Elop thank you. I hope Ballmer does something horrible to you when his win phails go down the toilet

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zoxir For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Zoxir View Post
Thank you Stephen Elop thank you. I hope Ballmer does something horrible to you when his win phails go down the toilet
Haha he already is doing something horrible to Elop, but what goes on in the bedroom, stays in the bedroom.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HanzBlix For This Useful Post: