Active Topics

Just donated for this wonderful app!

The Following User Says Thank You to Morpog For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Morpog View Post
Just donated for this wonderful app!
Thank you!

There has been a couple other donations as well during the last few days. II'll use this opportunity to thank everyone who has donated. Thank you for the support. It means a lot.

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland
The problem I mentioned earlier still seems to exist (accounts stays online).
I have tried to remove rules.conf and create those rules again, but it didn't help.
When I change order of rules or edit any rule in profilematic then accounts will go offline immediately if rule is still active.

Originally Posted by tonyk View Post
The problem I mentioned earlier still seems to exist (accounts stays online).
I have tried to remove rules.conf and create those rules again, but it didn't help.
When I change order of rules or edit any rule in profilematic then accounts will go offline immediately if rule is still active.
Hmm seems odd. Do you have developer mode enabled (and if you do can you do the following)?:

Code:
devel-su # Enter root password - typically rootme
/sbin/stop apps/profilematicd
exit # Switch back to regular user
/opt/profilematic/bin/profilematicd
# Now connect to the wifi which should trigger all accounts offline and check the log output
# You can restart normal operation after this by quitting the daemon via Ctrl + C afterwards:
devel-su
/sbin/start apps/profilematicd

Originally Posted by chillip View Post
Hmm seems odd. Do you have developer mode enabled (and if you do can you do the following)?:

Code:
devel-su # Enter root password - typically rootme
/sbin/stop apps/profilematicd
exit # Switch back to regular user
/opt/profilematic/bin/profilematicd
# Now connect to the wifi which should trigger all accounts offline and check the log output
# You can restart normal operation after this by quitting the daemon via Ctrl + C afterwards:
devel-su
/sbin/start apps/profilematicd
RulesManager::_activateRule: activatingRule {f265afed-67db-436f-ab50-c361f70d4823}/Test
ActionProfile::activateRule for rule Test, profile general, volume 80 (previous /-1)
Setting profile to general
Return value 1
Setting profile general to volume 80
Return value 1
ActionFlightMode::activate not setting flight mode for rule Test
ActionPsmState::activate not setting power saving state for rule Test
ActionBlueTooth::activate: 0
ActionPresence::activate setting presence of all accounts online or offline
Now ma maaliskuuta 12 11:00:57 2012
Scheduling a timer to ma maaliskuuta 12 16:00:00 2012, interval 17942s
ConditionManagerLocationCell::monitorCellId(0)
tp-qt4 0.6.5 WARN: StatefulDBusProxy::uniqueNameFrom(): Failed to get unique name of "org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Connection.gabble.jabbe r.xxx"
tp-qt4 0.6.5 WARN: error: "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NameHasNoOwner" message: "Could not get owner of name 'org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Connection.gabble.jabbe r.xxx': no such name"

Both skype and google talk stayed online.

Originally Posted by tonyk View Post
RulesManager::_activateRule: activatingRule {f265afed-67db-436f-ab50-c361f70d4823}/Test
ActionProfile::activateRule for rule Test, profile general, volume 80 (previous /-1)
Setting profile to general
Return value 1
Setting profile general to volume 80
Return value 1
ActionFlightMode::activate not setting flight mode for rule Test
ActionPsmState::activate not setting power saving state for rule Test
ActionBlueTooth::activate: 0
ActionPresence::activate setting presence of all accounts online or offline
Now ma maaliskuuta 12 11:00:57 2012
Scheduling a timer to ma maaliskuuta 12 16:00:00 2012, interval 17942s
ConditionManagerLocationCell::monitorCellId(0)
tp-qt4 0.6.5 WARN: StatefulDBusProxy::uniqueNameFrom(): Failed to get unique name of "org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Connection.gabble.jabbe r.xxx"
tp-qt4 0.6.5 WARN: error: "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NameHasNoOwner" message: "Could not get owner of name 'org.freedesktop.Telepathy.Connection.gabble.jabbe r.xxx': no such name"

Both skype and google talk stayed online.
Ok that seems odd (especially because it works from the UI which should be the same code path). Can you please try disabling the "all offline" mode (i.e. ensure that the button is not checked and only force one of the accounts to offline (preferrably Skype first and if that works give the Google Talk one a try). Am I correct that the DBus interface above referenced your GTalk account (i.e. the part you have replaced by xxx)?

Ok that seems odd (especially because it works from the UI which should be the same code path). Can you please try disabling the "all offline" mode (i.e. ensure that the button is not checked and only force one of the accounts to offline (preferrably Skype first and if that works give the Google Talk one a try). Am I correct that the DBus interface above referenced your GTalk account (i.e. the part you have replaced by xxx)?
Yep, I censored my gtalk account with xxx
I changed settings like you suggested and below are ActionPresence logs.
ActionPresence::activate setting selected accounts if any
ActionPresence::changeSelectedAccounts setting account offline "skype"

Still both accounts stayed online

Background connection

I saw this was asked before but i'd like to know about any updates on this?
It would be fantastic if this tool (better as daemon of course) could run all the time and checks for certain locations (e.g. home indicated by WiFi) or time and toggle the "Background connection" on/off!

I'm really lost with Nokias current implementation of having BG connection always on or not...without any network differenation etc.

Thanks a lot

The Following User Says Thank You to zappAtom For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by zappAtom View Post
Background connection

I saw this was asked before but i'd like to know about any updates on this?
It would be fantastic if this tool (better as daemon of course) could run all the time and checks for certain locations (e.g. home indicated by WiFi) or time and toggle the "Background connection" on/off!

I'm really lost with Nokias current implementation of having BG connection always on or not...without any network differenation etc.

Thanks a lot
Hi,

most likely you will be able to change "Background connection" in the next version by giving a custom command. The next version will include running of command-line scripts, and I think changing "Background connection" is possible from command-line. Haven't yet tested, but when I test I'll post instructions.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Weird. If I make time based rule then everything works fine. All accounts goes to offline without a problem.
I also noticed that if I have set accounts to go offline mode in default rule and open 3G connection (default rule is activated) there's no problem.
So this problem seems to occur only with WLAN rules or else I'm doing something wrong

The Following User Says Thank You to tonyk For This Useful Post: