Active Topics

I didn't have a problem on seeing and accessing shared folders on my XP machine? The only "problem" is that if there is a lot of (big) files, it takes "forever" for N800 to get the file list shown...
The way I did it before was to load the cifs module and mount the share via script, then I used midnight commander. It worked good.

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Eastern Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
I don't have all the details, but the public announcement is a variant of the N800 supporting Wimax. That's it. So 4 devices by spring 2008.
Wait a minute, did Tex just pre-announce another tablet release?

Is this why the N800 is being sold at end of life prices?

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
I suspect that Tuxedosteve's problems stem from not having flashed it properly. I flashed with IT2008 and restored from backup and not had a single problem, not even a single browser crash in the 8 hours or so of heavy use I've put through it. Microb now KILLS Opera with ease.

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Austria
Originally Posted by Tuxedosteve View Post
The only problem I'm having is Microb being crashy. But since this is an internet tablet I expect the browser to be as stable as Opera used to be. In my opinion Microb still needs some work.
Do you have a modified .mozilla/microb/prefs.js? The first time I flashed, I copied all settings from my OS2007 backup, and the browser literally crashed on every other page I loaded. I flashed again and only copied bookmarks but left away settings, and microb hasn't crashed once.

That said, I have some issues with microb, too. Increasing the minimum font to 18 or 20 messes up line spacing on some sites, causing lines to bleed into each other. And the font.size.* settings seem to be ignored at all. Hope these issues get fixed, I'm going to file a bug later today.

Originally Posted by maxinflixion View Post
Just flashed to 2008 minutes ago.

Watching today's Webb Alert on my n800 while typing this on my PC.

With OS2007, I was never able to watch this. Even when downloaded to MMC.

Thanks to all who figured this out.
Morgan's a cutie!

SEARCH! It's probably already been answered.

Originally Posted by anidel View Post
Just discovered: Internet Radio, Directory service.
A big list of Internet radio, updated from the Internet and divided by categories.

Thanks for pointing this out. Yet another loose end tightened up.

Gimme info! How does pandora work? web flash games? stickam? Thoughtfix never did get through that site test list did he?

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by dont View Post
Wait a minute, did Tex just pre-announce another tablet release?

Is this why the N800 is being sold at end of life prices?
No, I didn't. The wimax version is common knowledge. Nokia preannounced it some time ago.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
But Quim stated that last week the N810 are going thru the Nokia channels and should hit the store shelves this week.
They are going to be shipped with this firmware.

Of course they are still working on it and Texrat may well be a betatester for them.
I am not an official beta tester, just a former QA engineer for N800.

Also, there was an announcement after Quim's that things were being delayed about a week. And remember that I said devices are flashed JUST prior to packing and shipping to retail customer. You'd be amazed at the short lead time involved. Nokia rules on logistics.

Actually, Jupex, it IS a finished product. Even if it leaked out, it is the final version that will appear on the N810.
Not exactly true anidel. The version you guys are flashing is not the latest build.

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Tampere, Finland
Originally Posted by Mara View Post
He is getting latest weekly (sometimes daily!) beta releases directly from Nokia intranet...
Just wondering.. does everyone at Nokia have access to those files? I'll be joining shortly and that would be nice