Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by downstormaf View Post
also i noticed the following in My_PeSePe wifi on code:

+ iptables -t nat -F
iptables v1.4.6: can't initialize iptables table `nat': Table does not exist (do you need to insmod?)
Perhaps iptables or your kernel needs to be upgraded.

My_PeSePe check if you can install the iptables through

apt-get install iptables

Maybe the installation of the kernel failed at some point that didn't install the iptables and make the ipt_MASQUERADE to malfunction...
I think it was because the module failed to know. I also noticed that he has no wlan0 interface display in his ifconfig listing...but first thing first, the module needs to be taken care of first.

Hi 9000. I've just found Your thread and I'm very thankful to You for it. Ho ever, while reading whole topic, i noticed that "mess" about modules in kp47. I'm by no way expert. but I'm active in kp47 topic, and AFAIK current maintainer is very "open" for fixing mistakes like that.

Can You summarize, in a way understandable for "average" kernel maintainer, what doesn't work and why + if You can what should be done to make it work? I would be my pleasure to forward all info to kernel maintainer.

/Estel

Hi Estel, I am sure Pali is and you guys are very helpful, otherwise he wouldn't take up the task of the most important package kernel power.

However, since I froze my kernel to version 46, it is unfair to comment on version 47 if I am not using it.

Nevertheless, from what My_PeSePe had reported in #66, the ipt_MASQUERADE.ko was failed to load with unresolved symbol error. This could easily be fixed by exporting the list of missing symbols during compilation, provided that the problem is consistent across all circumstance, but since downstormaf also reported the module loaded without any problem, then the issue might due to a case specific to My_PeSePe.

Therefore unless My_PeSePe could provide more information to the kernel power team, there is no way others could really help in this case, my apology.

I understand, thank You. By the way, if it's not "secret", can You tell me why you "frozen" You kernel version to v46? I was waiting to be sure that kp47 is rock stable, but after update few days ago, I'm very happy with it. If there are some serious things that are wrong with kp47, it would be glad to know it.

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
I understand, thank You. By the way, if it's not "secret", can You tell me why you "frozen" You kernel version to v46? I was waiting to be sure that kp47 is rock stable, but after update few days ago, I'm very happy with it. If there are some serious things that are wrong with kp47, it would be glad to know it.
I would only upgrade the kernel when it's stable enough and there is something new that I'd need. I'm sure v47 is stable enough but I've yet to see if there's anything new that is missing from v46. May be you could tell me?

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kuopio
Rats. I was going to start using my N900 again, but can't get wifi hotspots to work.

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Spain
Is there someone there with kernel power v47 or even v48, able to create wifi hotspots? I thought that it was simply not working but for what I read on this thread maybe there's something that can be done to get it working.

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Running KP47 (reflashed and reinstalled all my apps a month ago) and there is no problem at all with MobileHotSpot. Started it up and got connected my other mobile to the internet via N900.

The Following User Says Thank You to peterleinchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 21 | Thanked: 33 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ SoCal, USA
Does anybody know if this works with KP49?

Originally Posted by miked1541 View Post
Does anybody know if this works with KP49?
Qt Mobile Hotspot works fine with KP 49.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kolos For This Useful Post: