@araknos: Maybe you did not read first post, but there is already thread for kernel power development. See first post of this thread, there is written how to compile kernel-power.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pali View Post
@araknos: Maybe you did not read first post, but there is already thread for kernel power development. See first post of this thread, there is written how to compile kernel-power.
Thank you for your generous time. I suggest adding some extra human lines in that post for newbies, for actually compiling the "debian way":
1. outside scratchbox, "cd kernel-power-2.6.xx/debian/build/kernel-power" (or might get troublesome)
2. "make menuconfig" if you want to change anything

still i cant see how to actualli build a kernel image
make -f ?
make-kpkg?

Thanks

Last edited by araknos; 2012-09-18 at 17:58. Reason: error

Originally Posted by GreyZeppelin View Post
Hello, I apologize if this isn't the proper thread to ask this but I feel this is the closest I can find. I had kernel power v50 installed before. I had overclocking, all that good stuff installed. Then I decided to start fresh and I got the CSSU update. Now, I would to go back to having the kernel power. Is there anyway for me to go back? I tried to install kernel power v51 but when I check on x term, I get 2.6.28-omap1.
Can anyone help or address me to the proper thread? Thank you!

Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
@GreyZeppelin,

Which version/flavor of CSSU did you install? AFAIK only CSSU-thumb requires (comes with) a new kernel (which is actually the same as KP51).

If CSSU replaced your kernel, then please go to the CSSU thread and complain about it!

In any case, nothing prevents you from apt-get install'ing kernel-power. What's the problem?

The Following User Says Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
I currently have the Maemo 5 CSSU Package, version 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo5.1

Thank you, I will ask the CSSU thread about it then.

Actually, I've attempted to installed kernel power many time but I still have the same kernel (2.6.28-omap1.) everytime I check on x term with uname -r.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
I currently have the Maemo 5 CSSU Package, version 21.2011.38-1Tmaemo5.1

Thank you, I will ask the CSSU thread about it then.

Actually, I've attempted to installed kernel power many time but I still have the same kernel (2.6.28-omap1.) everytime I check on x term with uname -r.
did you reboot after installing KP?

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Besides rebooting (the only way to make a new kernel become active, except using kexec() which doesn't work anyway), you might also try to install kernel-power again AND POST THE EXACT OUTPUT OF RUNNING APT-GET/DPKG when you do that. This way we can see if there was any error when installing.

If you, for some reason, don't want to try to install kp again you could run "dpkg -l | grep kernel" and, again, POST THE EXACT OUTPUT.

Sorry for SHOUTING , but I reckon 30% (if not 60%) of the messages in this whole forum could have been saved if people provided "supporting evidence" of their problems ("flashing doesn't work", "u-boot removed by nitdroid", etc.)

Cheers, and good luck!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by araknos View Post
Thank you for your generous time. I suggest adding some extra human lines in that post for newbies, for actually compiling the "debian way":
1. outside scratchbox, "cd kernel-power-2.6.xx/debian/build/kernel-power" (or might get troublesome)
2. "make menuconfig" if you want to change anything

still i cant see how to actualli build a kernel image
make -f ?
make-kpkg?

Thanks
See that first post. dpkg-buildpackage -b doing all, it generate deb packages. if you want only boot image it is in debian/kernel-power-bootimg/boot/

The Following User Says Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
New pre release v52 has fixed bq2415x, rx51_battery drivers, sigmask patch (for pselect) and enabled some ipv6 modules.

Last edited by pali; 2013-04-20 at 12:28.

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to pali For This Useful Post:
@FreemanGordon

Yes, even after reboots or turning off and on the device, no changes happen.

Originally Posted by reinob View Post
Besides rebooting (the only way to make a new kernel become active, except using kexec() which doesn't work anyway), you might also try to install kernel-power again AND POST THE EXACT OUTPUT OF RUNNING APT-GET/DPKG when you do that. This way we can see if there was any error when installing.

If you, for some reason, don't want to try to install kp again you could run "dpkg -l | grep kernel" and, again, POST THE EXACT OUTPUT.

Sorry for SHOUTING , but I reckon 30% (if not 60%) of the messages in this whole forum could have been saved if people provided "supporting evidence" of their problems ("flashing doesn't work", "u-boot removed by nitdroid", etc.)

Cheers, and good luck!
Sorry, here's the output I get:

Code:
Nokia-N900-02-8:~# apt-get install --reinstall -y kernel-power kernel-power-flasher
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 2 reinstalled, 0 to remove and 86 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B/2102kB of archives.
After this operation, 0B of additional disk space will be used.
(Reading database ... 43881 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace kernel-power-flasher 1:2.6.28-10power51r1 (using .../kernel-power-flasher_1%3a2.6.28-10power51r1_armel.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement kernel-power-flasher ...
Preparing to replace kernel-power 1:2.6.28-10power51r1 (using .../kernel-power_1%3a2.6.28-10power51r1_armel.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement kernel-power ...
Processing triggers for catorise ...
################################################################################################
No changes to hildon menu.
Setting up kernel-power (1:2.6.28-10power51r1) ...
Setting up kernel-power-flasher (1:2.6.28-10power51r1) ...
initctl: Job not changed: softupd
Version 0.4.4 started
Waiting for messages
flasher v2.8.2 (Jan  8 2010)

Image 'kernel', size 1744 kB
	Version 2.6.28.10-power51
Using flashing protocol Mk II.
ISI message from new source (10, 00)
Found device RX-51, hardware revision 2101
Entering update mode
Beginning image update
nand: Finishing %    1024 /    1744 kB  2791 kB/s]
nand: Flashing kernel image
Image flashed successfully in 1.303 s (1338 kB/s)!                    
Total flashing time 1.304 s
Leaving update mode
SIGTERM received
And here's what I get when I check what kernel it is:

Code:
Nokia-N900-02-8:~# uname -r
2.6.28-omap1

Tags
bq2415x_charger, bq27200, kernel-power