Active Topics

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
I'm using also Butterfly now and got no issues on 1.2, its only quite "primitive" so it doesn't sends a avatar and stuff. Also the IM logging works fine.

Will there be a official solution sometime?

Last edited by Crogge; 2010-06-01 at 08:04.

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Originally Posted by felipec View Post
That's not helpful.

If you want bugs fixed, then file bug reports, preferably, the a debug log.

Regarding the issue at hand, it looks like the problem is in telepathy-haze (also used by msn-pecan internally), and is related to PR1.2, but perhaps it's only reproducible by flashing, not by updating over the air.
It did that in PR 1.1, too.

I'm using also Butterfly now and got no issues on 1.2, its only quite "primitive" so it doesn't sends a avatar and stuff. Also the IM logging works fine.
For me, the avatars work.

Originally Posted by Venemo View Post
For me, the avatars work.
I receive avatars from others just fine, but the N900 itself doesn't sends the avatar to other contacts.

I also noticed that it reconnect quite often, Skype doesn't.

Last edited by Crogge; 2010-06-02 at 06:36.

I have some major problems when i add a msn account no matter wich service i use.. like pecan haze or the msn plugin.

When i fill in my account details and hit loggin it takes a while then it jumps back to the list with voip accounts and i get the message not logged in, behind the msn account. when i hit that account and hit again login it instantly quits loggin in and drops back to the voip list.

skype and ovi log in just fine. but for some reason something is blocking the msn login.. i just flashed PR1.2 and eMMC put back the backup and tried again, without any result...

i also get the message "extra coversation plugin" not installed when i install it in the app manager, but it is installed anyway.

Why cant some one make a freakin descent protocol for using additional accounts?? is it that hard? All this garbage is starting to annoy me very badly!

Well don't worry Sygys, mine started crashing the contact list suddenly. It works fine when I disable the MSN plugin.

Originally Posted by Venemo View Post
For me, Pecan is working but still buggy as hell. It tries to re-add all of my deleted contacts over and over again on every login.
It also doesn't report the online status of anyone.

So, scrap Pecan.
Haze was also a bit buggy, so I didn't go for that, either.
(Haze failed to login after I disable and re-enable my account sometimes, and they also don't display contacts' pictures and status messages reliably.)

But...
Guess what!

MSN Butterfly works quite decently on PR 1.2. I haven't noticed any bugs with it yet.

Butterfly is the thing that installs when you install "MSN Protocol plugin for Conversations and Contacts" from App Manager.
It appears as plain "MSN" in the IM Account settings.

(I installed the latest one from Devel.)
that is if u discount that the second u delete a contact it pops back up right after.

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Helsinki
It looks like the root cause has been identified: telepathy-haze doesn't implement Capabilities interface.

This should not affect other CMs like GTalk and Skype... that's a bug in the conversations UI:
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=10621

I posted a question in the tmobile msn thread but have had no reply, msn worked fine until the pr1.2 update and now it no longer lets me log in when Im on 3g. It's perfect at home but just not on tmobile any ideas?

I previously complained to tmbobile about being blocked and they fixed it so why is it happening now after the update? any ideas?

By the way the message I get is "network error"