Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by ejcrashed View Post
You pretty much nailed it. I think its just some funds harvesting upstart created by some butthurt ex-HTC "high profile" employees

HUGE INTRO DELUXE...

According to a friend of mine in Scandinavia Kazam planing to release 8 or 9 devices in September to new year (this year). All android and one or two high end devices. Pretty big intro to say at least for a small company. They are also focusing on Scandinavia and Europe as the main market.

Lets see if it's just talk and you guys got it right or if they deliver and you are wrong.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-08-09 at 17:54.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
According to a friend of mine in Scandinavia Kazam planing to release 8 or 9 devices in September to new year (this year).
Now that sounds like a bad taste joke. What is it supposed to mean, flooding market with re-purposed, already available Chinese hardwarde? You just can't release 8 devices in a year and make it "right".

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
I would say to use asia models, hot them up, with better spec and higher price. The R&D is located in Asia, sales marketing in Europe. Use people who have built devices for others before and people who knows people att team Android at Google. With right connection you can get an HTC one for half the prize. High end device can be sold for half prize in Europe and still break even. But none does that, so the current have great margins today.
Plus, you have no clue of the time table. The might have been working for a year or more

Last edited by Dave999; 2013-08-09 at 20:38.

They are less than 100 but hiring heavaly mostly in Scandinavia so if you up for a challenge

Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
If this company also goes Android they are doomed before even release first phone. There already is to many of those ridicilous Android phones.

If they want to be new player they should be different and cooperate with jolla or license SailfishOS.

Actually that would be good for europe. Europe need a compettion mobile/tablet player and QT based OS in europe. But I doubt it will happen. Todays younger people are brainwashed by everything coming from Google. Same as when most "older" (> 30+) people has been brainwashed by Microsoft Windows on desktop computers

Google's Android is like Windows: Same **** different name. both in bed with NSA....

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2013-08-10 at 11:02.

Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
If this company also goes Android they are doomed before even release first phone. There already is to many of those ridicilous Android phones.

If they want to be new player they should be different and cooperate with jolla or license SailfishOS.

Actually that would be good for europe. Europe need a compettion mobile/tablet player and QT based OS in europe. But I doubt it will happen. Todays younger people are brainwashed by everything coming from Google. Same as when most "older" (> 30+) people has been brainwashed by Microsoft Windows on desktop computers

Google's Android is like Windows: Same **** different name. both in bed with NSA....
I should start my own tech blog. I'm as always way ahead of the tech media on this

Mike is clueless as always even if its right in front of him it's android and it will be pretty hard for them to succeeded, but it's possible.

They had a slight delay but announcement will be November 5th or 6th...

Check it out!

Tomorrow is the big day for kazam.

Let's see if they can deliver or not

Posts: 387 | Thanked: 1,700 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Cambridge, MA, USA
Gotta admit, their website is awesome:

http://www.kazam.mobi/

Finally there's a company exploiting the full potential of HTML 5.

Last edited by Ken-Young; 2013-11-04 at 19:23.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ken-Young For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Ken-Young View Post
Gotta admit, their website is awesome:

http://www.kazam.mobi/

Finally there's a company exploiting the full potential of HTML 5.
Hehe...true. Leta see if hat changera tomorrow