Notices

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ NY/NJ, USA
Originally Posted by AgogData View Post
i didnt know how to play the game i keep pressing A, space and Q and another thing..the cards have no pictures !

Spacebar = Used as confirm button in main menu and used to tap mana, & place land on play area attack/defend (etc) during actual gameplay

Enter = Kind of like a "start" menu, can bring you back to title screen, muligan in the beginning of a game and save and exit changes in the option menu

A = In title menu goes to Achievments and card spoilers, while in play it brings up the current cards in yout hand in a side menu (also hides it)

Q = While in play it advances you to your next phase (Upkeep, draw, phase, you choose when each phase ends).

Im assuming that you have played magic before (so you know the rules, etc).

And the pics they are avialable on the Wagic forum
http://wololo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=726
Im downloading the PSP picture pack right now, Im assuming you just put it in the right directory and voila (ima have to search for it as im not sure where wagic installs to)

EDIT: directory is /home/user/MyDocs/wagic/Res/sets
after you download unzip the 500mb zip there, im downloading it now but its gonna take a while

Last edited by SovietStriker; 2010-10-08 at 01:07.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SovietStriker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 13 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Oxford, UK
You can also set keybindings in options.

defaults are

32 / Space / Circle
65 / A / R-trigger
74 / J/ Square
75 / K / Cross
81 / Q / L-trigger
16777217 / Right Alt or something? / Triangle - I think this is missing
16777219 / Backspace / Select
16777221 / Enter / Start
16777234-16777237 / Arrow Keys

The main Wagic download archive contains a manual which includes controls and how to play. http://wololo.net/wagic/download/

Edit: the manual says Triangle is for switching to your deck in deck editor mode, this seems to be covered by Square.

Last edited by manehi; 2010-10-08 at 01:45.

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ NY/NJ, USA
The picture pack works but the text is smaller then when you dont have the pictures

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Oxford, UK
Triangle switches between card views (scanned pic / basic text) during game play if that helps - I set it to "H".

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Poland, Białystok
Wow it's so great.
Xawotihs, thank you very much for the port.

One question:
How to interrupt AI to cast e.q. an instant spell?

Nice, some people are actually using this stuff
A few hints that might help you:

- Wagic installs its executable binary in /opt/wagic/ and all its resources in /home/user/Mydocs/wagic/Res. I did that so that you just have to use USB to totally modify the resources there by adding themes, cards picture, custom cards set ... You can find all that in the Wagic forums here. Of course it means that you cannot play wagic when the user partition is mounted on the PC.

- I tested Wagic on the N900 with PC res cards (this is what you see in the video I posted), it worked fine. You could in theory also use PSP res cards or even the new "tiny crop" res cards, I didn't test them.

- To interrupt spells, I press 'k' with the default binding. I think you need to have the interruptions authorized in the setting.

- I added a very basic touch interface mapped directly on the keyboard interface. So, you can use your finger to drag the current selected card. You can also double tap to activate a card. The drag stuff also work in the menus.

I'll work on a more complex touch interface starting from now, it will probably takes some time

So, I'll monitor this thread, if you have ideas or suggestion I should add, feel free to comment here if it's related to my N900 port or directly in the wagic forum if it's related to he wagic core.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Xawotihs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Great work. I've just installed it, but need some time to download cards and test.

well, i tried the psp cards and the instructions says alot of X O triangle and square maybe cuz its written for psp,, the images are good
Xawotihs , can u post the link to the PC cards ?

Just installes the game and played - great work :-)

But I've got a problem, tried with PSP-pics and HQ-Pics: When playing a game I get all card-pictures.
When I'm in the shop it only shows the first card with Pic and all others just text. This repeats when changing to new cards.
In the deckbuilder I get both Picture (slightly visible) with overlaid text on white background

I just copied over the Sets-folder from the PC-version where I don't get this behavior.

Anyone else noticing this?

EDIT: Just gave a new keybinding to "triangle" to toggle Pictures in the deckbuilder. It works but even when pictures a on they are overlaied by the text-only-version

Regards,
Glasswalker

Last edited by Glasswalker; 2010-10-08 at 14:27.

Originally Posted by Glasswalker View Post
Just installes the game and played - great work :-)

But I've got a problem, tried with PSP-pics and HQ-Pics: When playing a game I get all card-pictures.
When I'm in the shop it only shows the first card with Pic and all others just text. This repeats when changing to new cards.
In the deckbuilder I get both Picture (slightly visible) with overlaid text on white background

I just copied over the Sets-folder from the PC-version where I don't get this behavior.

Anyone else noticing this?

Regards,
Glasswalker
i didnt try the shop but the psp pack is working fine, u said that the PC pack is working great why don't u post its link ?

Tags
bada blows, bada rox, question