Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Great for those in the EU, but still no update on those in China or elsewhere, which is most of the world.
Hopefully soon after the 27th we'll have at least "some" more clarity on all of that...
china release is next year

btw link to faq is

http://jolla.com/faq

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Notice I said "or elsewhere", China+EU is still only a fraction of the world...
And even China plans are still very vague, good news about those in the EU being able to order direct from the 27th, that's an okay start.
Yes I know the link, I have read it....

The Following User Says Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
I admit I was a bit disappointed by the communication during slush. The updated FAQs now give alle the information I need.

The way I see it, DNA as the only carrier supporting Jolla so far is given some kind of a ius primae noctis. The Jolla-Launch is basically a DNA-event and Jolla will be able to ship to their customers only afterwards.

Makes sense. Also, because the invitations are sent to the first people who ordered in the first pre-order, it's very unlikely to be invited at all...

I understand that DNA wants some of the PR for themselves, it's reasonable and at least it's not for people from Finland (or worse, for DNA customers) only.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
and at least it's not for people from Finland (or worse, for DNA customers) only.
So, you know exactly where those 450 are from, the % of them that are not from Finland/EU, & the % that were not $40/100 pre-orders?*
I'd not expect those %'s to be high, but I'd certainly expect some solid representation, if not in this initial promo, then at least in another very soon afterwards.

*the 1st pre-order program is what should be used, the 2nd one was Finland-only & was much later

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-11-15 at 09:07. Reason: typo

Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
I admit I was a bit disappointed by the communication during slush. The updated FAQs now give alle the information I need.
The Jolla-Launch is basically a DNA-event and Jolla will be able to ship to their customers only afterwards.

The FAQ clarifies a lot, I´m grateful for it as well.

On the launch event: while it is PR for DNA, I see it serving primarily those who deserve it: the first pre-orderers. I don´t see it being a bad thing, especially as the pre-orderers will probably get thei phones delivered before DNA starts to sell the phones in their proper stores. Or do you think that the phones should be shipped even before the launch event?

So, you somehow already know what the break-down of those invited is...
Many people have reported here that they have gotten the invitation, both in Finland and elsewhere (in Europe). This is opposite from Jolla said in Twitter yesterday (only Finns invited), but I´m happy it turned out this way.

Originally Posted by Tujutzki View Post
The FAQ clarifies a lot, I´m grateful for it as well.

On the launch event: while it is PR for DNA, I see it serving primarily those who deserve it: the first pre-orderers. I don´t see it being a bad thing, especially as the pre-orderers will probably get thei phones delivered before DNA starts to sell the phones in their proper stores. Or do you think that the phones should be shipped even before the launch event?
On the craziness of yesterday it was mentioned on twitter by some Jolla people or on a article that shipment of Jolla phones were on their way just now.
It seems like they got a small amount of phones and decided to share them this way to some of the very first who pre-ordered. Can't see anything wrong with that. Getting at least the Finnish community together in such a big event.

I would absolutely be there, if I was invited.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tissot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 284 | Thanked: 661 times | Joined on Aug 2013 @ Finland
So, you somehow already know what the break-down of those invited is...
Yes, there's been reports of people outside Finland being invited, in this thread even. All have been 100€ preorderers. From the 450 all are 100€ first-wave preorderers... It wouldn't even make sense if the invites were given out randomly. Outside of 450 people attending... are probably some Jolla & DNA staff... and apparently some filming crew. Unknown if more.

Last edited by Thoke; 2013-11-15 at 09:06.

The Following User Says Thank You to Thoke For This Useful Post:
You're responding to my old post see my updated one...

Originally Posted by Thoke View Post
Yes, there's been reports of people outside Finland being invited, in this thread even. All have been 100€ preorderers. From the 450 all are 100€ first-wave preorderers... It wouldn't even make sense if the invites were given out randomly. Outside of 450 people attending... are probably some Jolla & DNA staff... and apparently some filming crew. Unknown if more.
While in principle I support the notion that they be handed out to literally the 1st 450 i.e. "I'm the 1st one".
I highly doubt that every single one of those 1st 450 pre-orders were: (1) in the EU, (2) $100 pre-orders.

Last edited by jalyst; 2013-11-15 at 09:13.

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
Maybe someone get the device then sell it at once outside DNA shop with higher price?

This is a good business and have good profit

Tags
"pretty soon", funniest line, jolla, pipo party, sailfish, tmo red