Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 277 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Brighton, UK
I'd love to help, I have a N95 and a variety of nokia headsets (and access to many more) and am happy to test things out for you, but I've not got the skills needed for reverse engineering the controls myself

I might also be able to (legitimately) borrow various old models of phone if that would help testing code...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mr_jrt For This Useful Post:
I'm trying to use the nokia headphones button in my apps. Button pressed signal is emitted only when "jack bias" is on, so my aim is to set it on at app startup and disable it at app closing. I'm able to unmute it with alsamixer, but i'm not with amixer.

The command I use is:
amixer -qc0 cset iface=MIXER,name='Jack Bias Switch' unmute
but it doesn't activate it.

The Following User Says Thank You to gionni88 For This Useful Post:
hi.. is possible to add support for someplayer?
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=71809

The Following User Says Thank You to Phoenix986 For This Useful Post:
is it possible for some player? can u make this that if we press it twice den it will play next son..and if we press it thrice it will play the previous song.it will be damn cool

The Following User Says Thank You to trisha02 For This Useful Post:
i am using a sony ericsson headphone..it dint work..will it only work in nokia headphones?

The Following User Says Thank You to trisha02 For This Useful Post:
Hi,

I'm another frustrated (sort of) HS-45 user. Is there anything I could do to further the developement of a kernel module to support the HS-45 (and possibly other headsets)? Wouldn't it be possible just to write a "dumb" module that just creates a device which returns every signal coming from the AV-connector of the N900?
And could a bounty help to develop a module? Or maybe pestering someone at Nokia/its hardware manufacturers to publish the neccessary specs for the hw?

I'd really love to see this thing working...

Regards,
Eagle_Linux

The Following User Says Thank You to eagle_linux For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
Originally Posted by eagle_linux View Post
Hi,

I'm another frustrated (sort of) HS-45 user. Is there anything I could do to further the developement of a kernel module to support the HS-45 (and possibly other headsets)? Wouldn't it be possible just to write a "dumb" module that just creates a device which returns every signal coming from the AV-connector of the N900?
alas that's not the way this works.
Originally Posted by eagle_linux View Post
And could a bounty help to develop a module? Or maybe pestering someone at Nokia/its hardware manufacturers to publish the neccessary specs for the hw?

I'd really love to see this thing working...

Regards,
Eagle_Linux
Well, recent "investigations" revealed that N9(50) harmattan *has* support for those multibutton wired headsets. So we might be able to backport parts of the driver stack to fremantle and integrate it into powerkernel. I've not yet looked into any harmattan sources for that, just studied the N9 schematics a bit so I learnt that the twl4030 companion chip there directly connects to the relevant pins of the AV-plug. Studying the datasheet of twl4030 was next to learn how all this works and how to adapt it for N900 where the hw is different, as for sure we won't get any support from Nokia for it.
Bounty usually doesn't help much, but donations sometimes improve the interest of devels to look into it ;-D

cheers
jOERG

EX Hildon Foundation approved
Maemo Administration Coordinator (stepped down due to bullying 2014-04-05)
aka "techstaff" - the guys who keep your infra running - Devotion to Duty http://xkcd.com/705/

IRC(freenode): DocScrutinizer*
First USB hostmode fanatic, father of H-E-N

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post:
Sure, just tell me where to donate

The Following User Says Thank You to eagle_linux For This Useful Post:
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ POLAND
not working for me. when i'm pressing headset button nothing happens. only when i've unplugged headphones, player paused the music. but i can't pause song or choose next by pressing headset button. Should i install sth else?

EDIT: I've installed manually headset-button-enabler_0.5_all.deb and headset-control_0.4_armel.deb and it's working now.

Last edited by karoltom; 2011-10-20 at 19:06.

The Following User Says Thank You to karoltom For This Useful Post:
Posts: 10 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ POLAND
is it possible to skip forward actually played song, when button is held?

button shuld be pressed for 2 seconds and after that time songs will be forwarded for 10seconds.

It would be a great feature

Also i'd like to report bug. When i'm listening a song and sb call me, then after ending call, button isn't changing song to next (my button is set to change song, not pause). I have to restart the phone to make it working again in that situation

Last edited by karoltom; 2011-12-06 at 11:03.

The Following User Says Thank You to karoltom For This Useful Post:

Tags
ad-54/hs-45, headset button