Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
@zurrain101

i also have this kind of problem before but i figure out how to fix it...it works on me'hopes it works on you too...

first regarding contact name in conversations...
this problem is cause by two thing...
1.the contact number = the best way to fix this to add +6 infront on the contact number...
2.call notify = if you have install this then disable the vibrate notification

second regarding you conversations disappearing...
this cause by two thing...
1.to many conversations in your phone = delete old conversation in your phone...if suddenly your conversation disappear then quickly reboot...
2.call notify = again disable the vibrate notication...

mostly this problem is cause by call notify...i disable the vibrate notification...i don't know if my method works on you or not but just try it anyway...

Posts: 568 | Thanked: 969 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto
I strongly suggest trying my suggestion before pusak_gaog's suggestion, because mine is non-destructive and reversible.

Originally Posted by pusak gaoq View Post
@zurrain101
first regarding contact name in conversations...
this problem is cause by two thing...
1.the contact number = the best way to fix this to add +6 infront on the contact number...
Huh? That might be half-right if you're in Malaysia (county code is +60) or Australia (+61) or wherever else the international dialling code starts with 6, but it's 100% not going to help anywhere else as you'll end up texting or dialing an international number that:
  1. almost certainly isn't owned by whoever you actually want to text or dial
  2. may or may not exist
  3. will prevent Contacts from identifying incoming texts or calls from that person's number as being from that person
  4. is wrong

2.call notify = if you have install this then disable the vibrate notification
Possible, but doesn't seem likely. Any links or further info to back up that theory?

second regarding you conversations disappearing...
this cause by two thing...
1.to many conversations in your phone = delete old conversation in your phone...if suddenly your conversation disappear then quickly reboot...
Try the technique which fixed a very similar issue for me instead. It's less destructive (you get to keep your messages) and it actually worked for me.

2.call notify = again disable the vibrate notication...

mostly this problem is cause by call notify...i disable the vibrate notification...i don't know if my method works on you or not but just try it anyway...
Still not convinced by the whole vibrate-causes-conversations-to-get-messed up idea. I think it was a coincidence. Your deleting old conversations is much more likely to have had an effect.

Last edited by shallimus; 2011-06-30 at 15:32.

The Following User Says Thank You to shallimus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 723 | Thanked: 519 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Kuching:Malaysia
Originally Posted by shallimus View Post
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][B]Possible, but doesn't seem likely. Any links or further info to back up that theory?
i use to enable the vibrate notification on call notify but every time i received a call/text i dont usually read it instantly so i put the vibrate notify delay by 2 minutes so after two minutes it will vibrate to notify me there is a call/text coming...i notice if the incoming call/text i read it instantly then i got no problem but if i left it more than 10 minutes then it will cause a problem...that why i disable it...after i disable it i got no disappearing conversations anymore...

like i said before...it might not works on your phone but it wont kill you if you try it

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
people still trying to resolve bugs/issues with the n900? i accepted all of its shortcomings and growing bugs daily as part of the ageing process. its life.

Originally Posted by afaq View Post
people still trying to resolve bugs/issues with the n900? i accepted all of its shortcomings and growing bugs daily as part of the ageing process. its life.
Very Zen

Posts: 536 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Russia
n900 terrible msg problem again. ive searched n tried every single solution but the problem wont go away. i cant even reach 500 texts before i delete my entire conversations to fix it but still the problem doesnt go away. so im sending texts n recieving from a contact and all of a sudden i send a text and close conversations and open it again. the contact name dissapears with his last text and not mine that i sent n when i open the convo it says sms delivery failed. and it happens with specific contacts at different times. its like n900 is in the mood to piss me off. and then i delete that person's convo n reboot phone, i stll get texts from him as in notifications n i can read but when i open convos, the convo dissapears. please help this is a pathetic problem in n900.
thanks in advance. cheers

Posts: 1,411 | Thanked: 1,330 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Tatooine
Ho hum... http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=1042154

Why not follow up on some of the advice given last time you started multiple threads with the same problem?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jedi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 536 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Russia
I tried everything. Read the entire post before commenting.
Thank u

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by zurrain101 View Post
I tried everything. Read the entire post before commenting.
Thank u
He said follow up, as "write what you tried, and post results". Understand the entire post before answering.
Thank you.

Also I fail to see what is worth a new thread here.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to erendorn For This Useful Post:
Yet again: try this:
Originally Posted by shallimus View Post
Consider this thread where I had a similar issue and subsequently resolved it.

...and play nice.
If it doesn't fix your problem, post details and we will try to help you further. If you want further explanation of any piece of it, ask, and I or someone will step in and explain as best we can. It's free tech support. Or don't post further details, and we won't be able to help you.

Your call.

Tags
ban me, i smell bs, yasirrfc