Active Topics

Originally Posted by dekelley1 View Post
Sorry, must have missed that, I've been pouring over so many threads for days trying to get this to work. I really appreciate your help though!
yea, no problem, theres a lot of info out there to sift through.

hmm, check the command you ran, you may not have actually asked it to flash. when it does work, you'll see a list of about 10 things that its flashing, including kernel and rootfs.

This is the command I ran:

C:\>winflasher_3.12.1.exe -f -F c:\DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3_PR_LEGACY_005-OE
M1-958_ARM.bin
flasher 3.12.1 (Oct 6 2011) Harmattan
WARNING: This tool is intended for professional use only. Using it may result
in permanently damaging your device or losing the warranty.

okay I finally got through the process with no errors. however, when my phone rebooted it is still asking me for a lock code. What happened, what did I not do?

C:\>flasher -f -F c:\DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.21-3_PR_LEGACY_005-OEM1-958_ARM.bin
-F DFL61_HARMATTAN_40.2012.13-7.SEAP_EMMC_SEAP.bin

Last edited by dekelley1; 2014-05-08 at 23:11.

Posts: 206 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ CA, USA
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
for using flasher command instead of winflasher_3.12.1.exe just rename file to flasher.exe
to make it even easier

(I'm not entirely sure how I did this)

1. go to google
2. Search for how to add a file to the Windows Path (cmd path; this will let you type flasher -i instead of flasher.exe flasher -i)
3. Follow the steps
4. Eat cake

I need some extra space for cloud storage. Help me get some! (You get some too)

Originally Posted by Shadwblade2652 View Post
to make it even easier

(I'm not entirely sure how I did this)

1. go to google
2. Search for how to add a file to the Windows Path (cmd path; this will let you type flasher -i instead of flasher.exe flasher -i)
3. Follow the steps
4. Eat cake
Thanks for the input, but I'm past that point if I'm reading your post correctly. I got the phone to flash, the problem now is the phone still ask for the lock code.

Posts: 206 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Nov 2013 @ CA, USA
Thanks for the input, but I'm past that point if I'm reading your post correctly. I got the phone to flash, the problem now is the phone still ask for the lock code.
Full erase.

Completely remove the contents of the phone by adding a flag at the end (I think it's --erase=secure or something of the likes)

Edit:
Ignore the extra junk up top. This is the secure data erase command. Let it run for about 20 - 30 minutes, and it will completely remove any lock code on the phone.

flasher -f -F main.bin --erase-user-data=secure -F emmc.bin

I need some extra space for cloud storage. Help me get some! (You get some too)

Last edited by Shadwblade2652; 2014-05-09 at 04:17.

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
for reset lock code you should flash with EMMC image also and use --erase-user-data=secure option

Posts: 4,117 | Thanked: 8,901 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Ruhrgebiet, Germany
Did you mind to read the info wolke gave you already ?
Everything you need is in here.

Or now shadwblade and coderus, too.

Please consider your membership / supporting Maemo e.V. and help to spread this by following/copying this link to your TMO signature:
[MC eV] Maemo Community eV membership application, http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94257

editsignature, http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do=editsignature

Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Did you mind to read the info wolke gave you already ?
Everything you need is in here.

Or now shadwblade and coderus, too.
Yes I did read it, the one thing I did miss was the flags at the end. If you notice in all my responses I never included them in my syntax. I'm a cisco guy and thought those were just descriptions and not part of the syntax.

So I thank you all for the help. I think it would be good to add to the sticky that those tags are indeed part of the syntax and not just description, at least for those that are new to the windows command line. Actually I don't think I've ever seen tags like that in the windows command line.