Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 274 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Romania
Changelog 0.1.2:
+black theme added
+flv are stored using the title name
+copy url
+search a video by url (a direct ctrl-v)
+open a selected video in osso-browser (the cmd to do that might be wrong)
+more control over mplayer and youtube-dl
+more settings
+some bugs removed (some added?)

get it here http://mytube.garage.maemo.org/ or here https://garage.maemo.org/frs/?group_id=623

i could use some HEEEELP with the design and artwork (themes and that Youtube transparent gif logo has some artifacts when used with the black theme).

anyway, enjoy and happy bug hunting/reporting

EDIT: can someone help with a rc2 stripped version of mplayer? pretty please?

Last edited by iancumihai; 2008-04-30 at 14:46.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to iancumihai For This Useful Post:
Thanks, will fire up my 810 and try it out right now....

Well so far everything seems to work ok which is good =). I see clicking a video defaults to fullscreen now which is fine but I do however have a suggestion. Disable the OSD timer so it doesn't show by default when starting a video and if it's possible make it so tapping the screen brings up the OSD timer? Seeing the timer overlap the video is somewhat annoying imho. Other than that I standby my previous suggestions of increasing the size of the image thumbnail to be more "finger friendly" and somehow merge that sidebar into the bottom bar. Of course these are just my suggestions and this is your app so you are free to do what you like =)

Originally Posted by plb View Post
Well so far everything seems to work ok which is good =). I see clicking a video defaults to fullscreen now which is fine but I do however have a suggestion. Disable the OSD timer so it doesn't show by default when starting a video and if it's possible make it so tapping the screen brings up the OSD timer? Seeing the timer overlap the video is somewhat annoying imho. Other than that I standby my previous suggestions of increasing the size of the image thumbnail to be more "finger friendly" and somehow merge that sidebar into the bottom bar. Of course these are just my suggestions and this is your app so you are free to do what you like =)
check preferences -> more ...-> mplayer
and remove osdlevel 3

Alright, thanks =) BTW, get this in extras =)

Last edited by plb; 2008-04-30 at 16:26.

Very very nice work iancumihai...Saw the post, updated immediately and working great so far (as the previous versions, at least for me)

plb, you should use osdlevel 1. That way, you do not have permanent osd but only when something is changed (example volume / skipping...) and as soon as you are done, the osd hides again...

Thanks again iancumihai i really enjoy your app. Keep it going.

One suggestion: How about naming the folder the same as the video file. Not sure if it makes sence but if there is any third party media player popping up which only navigates through the file system, it could be difficult to find a certain video...

Second Edit...one more thing: Any chance of getting the youtube login integrated to see all Videos when searching ?

Cheers MiBi

Last edited by MiBi; 2008-04-30 at 20:55.

you mean to pass verification for special videos (like age?)

Originally Posted by iancumihai View Post
you mean to pass verification for special videos (like age?)
Yep, I think that's what he's talking about. BTW when I mean finger friendly take a look at how ipod touch does it (yes I know ipod sucks but the youtube browser is good) Here's a pic of what I mean...

http://johnbiehler.com/wp-content/up...08/youtube.png

As you can see the preview image is large and easy to click on.

Last edited by plb; 2008-04-30 at 21:41.

Yes age / user verification, just to be feature complete. As for the thumbnails, an option for size would just be perfect. So everyone is served (stylus and finger typer...)

oh yeah fullscreen video should be stretched to fit the whole screen how canola does it.