Notices

How do I switch off the N900s tilt control? correct me if im wrong, i think its labelled 'accelerometer'....

I end up looking like a crazed drunk trying to stay upright, swaying back and four to move left and right around corners... lol.. I wasnt sure if this needed to be turned off from the phones own menus or the individual games themselves? what i find odd is that even if i dont tilt the n900 to the left or right in either games, sometimes my character can still start walking constantly to the left-as if someone has annoyingly inserted an old retro kempston joystick. lol. in both games i can use the menus but in duke especially i have a hard time trying to return to any previous menu from the one i am currently on. im almost certain the controls change on their own.. honest!

thanks for any help

Last edited by extent; 2010-03-27 at 22:37.

ps im trying to play quake open arena on the mobiles own screen, not on a tv. Is this possible, or can it only be played using the mobile as the controller- the tilt/accelerometer method? I cant seem to get the game to work in this way at all though, and there does not seem to be an exit button for the menus or during the game in open arena

Posts: 173 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by extent View Post
ps im trying to play quake open arena on the mobiles own screen, not on a tv. Is this possible, or can it only be played using the mobile as the controller- the tilt/accelerometer method? I cant seem to get the game to work in this way at all though, and there does not seem to be an exit button for the menus or during the game in open arena
Perhaps the resolution is too high for the your screen atm? Therefore you can't see all the buttons.

ive managed to disable accelerometer in duke, and now know that shift del gets me back to the previous menu.

yes, the exit wasnt showing correctly for some reason, i reinstalled arena and the menus are now ok. my only question now is if there a way to disable accelerometer in open arena, is it in the menu at all, or is this the only way to play? (im guessing accelerometer is only used when playing connected up to a tv screen, but id rather play it on the mobile with accelerometer off, if possible-thanks for any info if anyone knows how)