Originally Posted by mrojas View Post

I have done so, and they are happy with their N900's.
LOL Im sorry dude, but this is where u lose credibility and sound really unrealistic, i mean unless those ppl were one of those as in the other thread they are talking about the fella who doesnt even care to update the lates fw, other than that its just a rediculiouis to say they are happy.

Im sorry if I sound rude but hey man u were really off there with that statement. I mean this very community is the base for maemo users and it wont take u much longer to scroll around thru a very few threads and ull find out how many ppl are actually happy with N900.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by junooni View Post
wonder if you care:
http://www.gsmarena.com/apple_q1_res...-news-1593.php
This says they sold 8.75 million iPhones, which would mean their market share for Q1/2010 is still at 16.6% (when it already was over 18% in Q3/2009)

I mean this very community is the base for maemo users and it wont take u much longer to scroll around thru a very few threads and ull find out how many ppl are actually happy with N900.
The unhappy are usually the most vocal. maemo.org is likely a minority of users. You never hear about the ones who are happy with their device and don't bother to come here and create an account to say so.

But then, anything positive regarding the N900 is nonsense to you :P

Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
This says they sold 8.75 million iPhones, which would mean their market share for Q1/2010 is still at 16.6% (when it already was over 18% in Q3/2009)
U got it!! ur smarter than i was considering you to be
the idea was its one iphone alone VS the entire fleet of Nokia's smart phones.

Originally Posted by wmarone View Post
The unhappy are usually the most vocal. maemo.org is likely a minority of users. You never hear about the ones who are happy with their device and don't bother to come here and create an account to say so.

But then, anything positive regarding the N900 is nonsense to you :P
LOL! cus they dont have much to be happy about its very simple that the only reason they dont celebrate their hapiness cus the flaws are just too many and takes away the entire element of hapiness, but let's not forget there are those who are vocal who would just defend nokia no matter what..so..

LOL Im sorry dude, but this is where u lose credibility and sound really unrealistic, i mean unless those ppl were one of those as in the other thread they are talking about the fella who doesnt even care to update the lates fw, other than that its just a rediculiouis to say they are happy.

Im sorry if I sound rude but hey man u were really off there with that statement. I mean this very community is the base for maemo users and it wont take u much longer to scroll around thru a very few threads and ull find out how many ppl are actually happy with N900.
I was asked if I would recommend the N900 to my friends. I did. 3 friends wanted smartphones, one of those a sysadmin (i.e.: power user), another is an accountant and another is a low level manager in a flight company (they got it through this guy actually).

The sysadmin and the manager got their N900 and they are quite happy for it. The sysadmin because it is Linux, and the manager because of the camera and media capabilities. The browser is a huge plus.

The accountant went for the 5800 XM.

I really don't care if you believe or no. However, it is to be noted that, unhappy people tend to be more vocal than happy ones.

Vínculos interesantes si nos visitas por primera vez (en inglés): New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Si te puedo ayudar con cualquier otra cosa, sólo dilo!

LOL! cus they dont have much to be happy about its very simple that the only reason they dont celebrate their hapiness cus the flaws are just too many and takes away the entire element of hapiness, but let's not forget there are those who are vocal who would just defend nokia no matter what..so..
If you are not happy, doesn't mean a big bunch of people can, and are.

Vínculos interesantes si nos visitas por primera vez (en inglés): New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Si te puedo ayudar con cualquier otra cosa, sólo dilo!

However, it is to be noted that, unhappy people tend to be more vocal than happy ones.
Damn Rite they are.

If you are not happy, doesn't mean a big bunch of people can, and are.
LOL!
as per my earlier post your just a happy shiny & funny guy.
I know u love Nokia so much, but please get ur head outta sand and breath the real air, perhaps then ull come to know what happening around u. or at least on this forum.

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
the idea was its one iphone alone VS the entire fleet of Nokia's smart phones.
It's not one iPhone. And even if... it's one platform vs. another. iPhone vs. S60. (I think we can safely ignore Maemo.) And S60 wins.

(I don't really understand the "only few Apple model vs. so many Nokia models" talk... Of ocurse people who prefer Nokias offerings will not buy only one single model if a wide range of choices is available.)

Tags
fud, fud-ohwait-not, just shoot me, open source