Active Topics

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
I upgraded OTA to the Firmware 1.2 - but Nokia removed a feature in the EMail client I would continue to use.

Is it possible to downgrade only the N900 eMail Software to the version from 1.1.1?

I wan't to sort sometimes all my Mails in the inbox by subject instead of receiving date. I used this until the update to clean up my Mails. But now its not longer working...

Here is my Bug report: 10660
Andre replyed today. It seems it's not a Bug. It was planned to remove this feature without announcement. And they don't plan to reintroduce this. Sadly, he posted no explanation why Nokia decided to remove it.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post
I upgraded OTA to the Firmware 1.2 - but Nokia removed a feature in the EMail client I would continue to use.

Is it possible to downgrade only the N900 eMail Software to the version from 1.1.1?
It might be possible, but it won't be easy - you'd have to remove the key mp-fremantle-* package (which will stop you getting any future OS updates) and install the old version of the email client (and any dependencies). If there's no dependency conflicts, then you'll be okay, but there's a chance that various dependencies will require rolling back pretty much everything.

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
It might be possible, but it won't be easy - you'd have to remove the key mp-fremantle-* package (which will stop you getting any future OS updates) and install the old version of the email client (and any dependencies). If there's no dependency conflicts, then you'll be okay, but there's a chance that various dependencies will require rolling back pretty much everything.
Or he could forge a package, old version with new version number, problem solved.

The Following User Says Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
Or he could forge a package, old version with new version number, problem solved.
That doesn't always work - I've replaced one package with another with an (as far as I can tell, and as far as apt is reporting) identical version number, but "apt-get upgrade" keeps trying to revert the change.