Originally Posted by mrojas View Post
Ferrari is what it is because it makes Ferraris, not Lamborghinis.
ok

Too many post for me to read so i'll just say my part.

For me i like the top end of the phone market and i would say i was a nokia person since i only use nokia but i do feel a bit let down by them i expected nokia to have commerial apps like iphone and features and tech that exceeded any other phone manufacturer but it seems that they have been left behind.

i think the best nokia phone so far is the n95 8GB, had features at the right time and a great all arounder. I had an n97 and was so disappointed with the ovi store and the phone it self.

Got my self n900 because i thought it would be there best and they would invest in it as it had the power and open source OS. Currently very happy with it but did expect more especially from OVI and commerical support.

apple have clearly set the bar followed by newer android OS.

I personally hope that the n900 gets the support it deserves and next nokia i get will need to have multi touch and serious commercial support with openess otherwise i will take my money elsewhere.

not going to list all the nokias that i have owned but here are few: 6630, n70, n80, n95, n95-8gb, n97 and n900

Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
Too many post for me to read so i'll just say my part.

For me i like the top end of the phone market and i would say i was a nokia person since i only use nokia but i do feel a bit let down by them i expected nokia to have commerial apps like iphone and features and tech that exceeded any other phone manufacturer but it seems that they have been left behind.

i think the best nokia phone so far is the n95 8GB, had features at the right time and a great all arounder. I had an n97 and was so disappointed with the ovi store and the phone it self.

Got my self n900 because i thought it would be there best and they would invest in it as it had the power and open source OS. Currently very happy with it but did expect more especially from OVI and commerical support.

apple have clearly set the bar followed by newer android OS.

I personally hope that the n900 gets the support it deserves and next nokia i get will need to have multi touch and serious commercial support with openess otherwise i will take my money elsewhere.

not going to list all the nokias that i have owned but here are few: 6630, n70, n80, n95, n95-8gb, n97 and n900
well there we go...yet another additoin to the whiner family, so now what should i tell him to sell him n900 and buy something else..
and he didnt sound quite happy eiether.. so what do you suggest fellas..and im talkitn to the nokia lovers..
yeah yeah ... bring it on..>>>

Posts: 249 | Thanked: 167 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ International
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
Benny, I get your point.

But ultimately I'd gather that nobody really has said that they've lost to Apple moreso as Nokia is just losing focus if you were not as informed as the patrons of this forum about what's somewhat going on at Nokia.

And that is not a lot. The whole problem with bringing up Apple is that most really don't think that Nokia is losing to Apple in terms of money nor sales. They're losing because Nokia could honestly pump out a better something if they only focused.
So in effect, we need to look at how the companies are portraying themselves? I see more of Steve Jobs on a daily basis than I do of any Nokia exec. For all points and purposes, the very strong impression that I take away with me is that Steve is more devoted and involved in his products as opposed to Nokia. Be this right or wrong, but it is also a driving factor in marketing. It shows a level of comittment above and beyond the boardroom.

Originally Posted by junooni View Post
well there we go...so now what should i tell him to sell him n900 and buy something else..
and he didnt sound quite happy eiether.. so what do you suggest fellas..and im talkitn to the nokia lovers..
yeah yeah ... bring it on..>>>
What part of "Currently very happy with it" on his post didn't you understand?

It is to note he is, quite rightly, worried about the N900 future.

Vínculos interesantes si nos visitas por primera vez (en inglés): New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Si te puedo ayudar con cualquier otra cosa, sólo dilo!

Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
I had an n97 and was so disappointed with the ovi store and the phone it self.
For a Symbian fan, the last years have been a big let down. Haven´t seen anything yet that convinces me to let go of my trusty E71.

Vínculos interesantes si nos visitas por primera vez (en inglés): New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Si te puedo ayudar con cualquier otra cosa, sólo dilo!

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I found a paragraph from the current Economist that gives an indication where Nokia is focusing:

"Some companies even employ corporate anthropologists. Jan Chipchase, who until recently worked for Nokia, uses ethnographic techniques to study the way people use mobile phones, particularly in emerging markets, where the devices make a much bigger difference to people’s everyday lives than in the rich world. Mr Chipchase’s discovery that poor people often share their phones prompted the company to make handsets with multiple address books."

Edit: Chipchase, what a name!

Last edited by geneven; 2010-04-22 at 22:07.

It is to note he is, quite rightly, worried about the N900 future.
and so are most of us. dont know why is it so hard for ppl like u to get the idea that none of us like to bash nokia or the device, its just were worried about teh future and the way things are happining at nokia. None of us have no clue and thats what worries us where as Igave apple just as an example that its a company that just started in the phone business and became the ruler..ive been a very loyal nokia user and have used just nokia all the way..

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
junooni, just a bit of caution: in some of your posts you are borderline offensive. Hate on a mechanical contrivance all you like, but be respectful of the people here.

Haven´t seen anything yet that convinces me to let go of my trusty E71.
yep I agree with you probably one of the best after 9500 & 9300 that i used and it was awesome.

Tags
fud, fud-ohwait-not, just shoot me, open source