Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
This probably isn't the best of places to ask, but.. is it possible at all to get a different keyboard from the one shipped with the unit?

The reason I'm asking is my other half is (also) buying an N900, but she's from Norway natively, so she'd prefer getting a keyboard from there if at all possible.

As we've already got the units on preorder, we'd need to get a separate keyboard of course, but that's no issue.

Surely this isn't *that* uncommon a situation?

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
well i'd guess that with money everything is possible

e: i think e70's keymat was something like 20 euros and i switched it myself. but with new device, i'd say that the work is something between 20-100 euros to change the keymat at official service.

Last edited by ossipena; 2009-10-20 at 08:59.

The Following User Says Thank You to ossipena For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Might be cheaper to cancel one of the preorders, and just order one from Norway or any other Nordic country (they all have the same version with Å, Æ, Ø support).

Or contact Nokia, if you preordered directly from them, and ask if they could ship the Nordic version.

Tags
regional keyboard