Closed Thread
Posts: 1,028 | Thanked: 578 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Chicago
Originally Posted by kevink View Post
Hi everyone,

I pre-ordered my N900 on 9/8 from nokiausa.com. A week or two ago Nokia told me over the phone that they expected to ship by the end of September. Reading about delays today, I called back, and sure enough, today the line is that they will start shipping in mid-October and hope to have them all shipped by the end of October.

pffft.
Welcome to the community, Kevink!

Hi,

Nokia told me about two weeks from now in the UK (mid October)
I want it now :-)

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leeds UK
Well I ordered mine on 02/09/2009 14:52 CET still with the same status
"This order has not shipped."

The only information that I've seen from Nokia (Peter@maemomarketing)
is that it will ship from select markets from October.

This means that some people in Germany and Italy may get this from October onwards. (as these were the defined "select" markets I think)
The UK Nokia website states "Tentative delivery date: November 2009. "

So all we really know is that it should ship sometime, we don't even know for certain whether this is this year or next year.
Whilst I think next year is unlikely, we just have to painfully wait with no idea when the product will actually ship.

Obviously I'm hoping to get mine soon, but not got a clue when :-(

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Switzerland
Just ordered mine from my local box shifters. Delivery said to be around the middle of November.

Hey

A Danish Telephone company called CallMe, have now got it on their site. They are saying 30.October sadly

From Kehaan.

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 259 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Cambridge, England
Originally Posted by Hogwash View Post
True. Skype is the big dog it would seem. However....google voice/video chat doesn't work on linux yet. Showstopper.
N810 can video chat with Linux desktop using Empathy with a google account. I've had it working, albeit Empathy didn't make any notification sounds, only a flashing icon, though I think newer versions of Gnome/Empathy now include Empathy sound notifictions.

Rich

Posts: 150 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Madrid, Spain
I just got off the phone with Nokia (Spain) and they told me that my N900 will be shipping starting the 19th of October, they said that since it's not guaranteed that it's subject to change, until the end of october or the first week of November. But they're current shipping date for pre-orders are the second fortnight of October.

Only 2 more weeks of waiting ... to wait up to another 2 weeks. LOL.

Got an email from Amazon USA reminding me for my pre-order that the phone does not work for AT&T 3G. Nothing about shipping

Posts: 287 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ The Netherlands
I called a phone shop here in the Netherlands and the guy saw in their system that it's expected in week 43/43 (19 okt - 1 nov).

This lack of communication from Nokia is really starting to fudge me off. This is no damn way to run a company, especially when we are paying premium prices for the phone.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
boost karma here!, collective psychosis, drillee machine, elvis has an n900, fictional hardware, fixed in harmattan, funny tag competition, gimmie-gimmie-gimmie!!!, godot, haiku, is it here yet???, just around the corner, n900 & prejudice, n900 holy war, n900 shipping, no!, peter is so hot, poetry, private investigator, spy satellite, time killer, tweets showcase, urge to kill rising