Im using shure se535 so far im ok with the quality, only sometimes it becomes too bright that i cant take the screeching highs. So thats when the equalizers go in. Probably some of my music are of crappy copies Im waiting for my monster supertips and see if it'll make some improvements. Monster products are not all that bad say for example the turbine pro copper.

N9 64gb black

Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
Every second kid with $30 headphones call himself an audiophile these days That's what kind of 'audiophile' you are. (At this point don't forget to paste some model of hi-end headphones you supposedly own and you 'truly really i swear' hear all the difference).

The fact that Beats get ******** media attention/ads does not mean all Monster's bad (as it isn't).
But happens that i'm working as a professional DJ since 2004, previously worked for an independent label and also co-managed the public recording studio in my town.
You can check our music blog (in spanish) http://neonized.net and my twitter if you wish.
I have done some reviews on audio related products in the past and tested SEVERAL headphones, so please, give me the benefit of the doubt

Last edited by Hariainm; 2012-03-09 at 00:56.

Originally Posted by Venty View Post
Sigma is really good in terms of audio quality. What made me stop using it for the moment is that I cannot turn of "shake to skip". Carrying the N9 in my trousers pocket just randomly jumps through my MP3 collection which is most annoying.
Try contacting the Sigma developer in this forum. There's a thread for Sigma player which he participates, just search for it.

Posts: 256 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Europe
Originally Posted by Hariainm View Post
<edit> Nevermind.

Last edited by DarkSkies; 2012-03-09 at 05:17.

The Following User Says Thank You to DarkSkies For This Useful Post:
Posts: 56 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Germany
I use the Shure SE 210 and the sound of the N9 is quite good. Verry crisp, yet a bit flat from time to time. But good overall.

I was thinking of an EQ as well and tried sigma player. I didn't like the UI and the sound of the provided EQ so I stayed with the stock player.

I tried to play around with a command line EQ, called alsaequal which would work well with alsamixer (wich is installed, try calling it in the shell). Unfortuantely it needs to be compiled on the n9 and I did not manage that (at least on PR 1.1) due to dependencies and Aegis (i guess). I started a thread a while ago on here, please feel free to investigatre on that topic as I am still verry interested yer have not so much time right now.