Active Topics

Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
...what's the difference?
Google already is in too deep in our lives, hopefully enough peeps realize it.
Soon, I must add.
Current Maemo Community Council member

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Win7Mac For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by 243kof View Post
Sometimes I don't get why you are using a Jolla
My usage pattern is not standard. I do not do social networking. I detest "the cloud". SSH and CLI have more value for me than SIP. I can live with most of Sailfish's shortcoming and even see some of them as advantages.

But I do not deceive myself into thinking that what is good (enough) for me is good (enough) for Joe Public. I believe that the only way for Jolla and Sailfish to make any kind of progress is by making the OS attractive. To achieve that, we need fewer fanfoys and more objective views.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
My usage pattern is not standard. I do not do social networking. I detest "the cloud". SSH and CLI have more value for me than SIP. I can live with most of Sailfish's shortcoming and even see some of them as advantages.

But I do not deceive myself into thinking that what is good (enough) for me is good (enough) for Joe Public. I believe that the only way for Jolla and Sailfish to make any kind of progress is by making the OS attractive. To achieve that, we need fewer fanboys and more objective views.
My usage patterns are pretty much similar to what @pichlo has, and in addition to the essentials like browser, email, calendar and bash shell I have just a few important requirements;
  • I need GPS tracking for my exercises and tracking my dog-with-GPS-collar
  • working-hour tracker
  • music; nettiradio and cutespotify
That's it, all my needs very well covered with SFOS.

All in all I strongly detest all kind of social mediocre apps and generally think people would rather be happier without.
I am not claiming that Sailfish is for everyone, instead I would offer that in fact most people would be best server with a featurephone.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:

Tags
nokia, sailfish