Active Topics

Hi there

Love the N9, and today (finally) the PR 1.2 update appeared for download on the handset. So I charged it to full battery, and downloaded the update via wireless. Half way through the installation the phone went to flight mode? And it froze at 91%. I restarted the phone and it said something along the lines of rebuilding the update? or correcting or something similar. It failed and the phone booted up. It was quite slow and facebook and twitter did not work. So I went to settings and tried to Clear the device, assuming that would wipe it back to factory settings and I could attempt to download PR 1.2 again. It has whiped everything from the device, but still says it is @ PR 1.2 and facebook and twitter apps still don't work (I have tried reinstalling the specific apps aswell).

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help!

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I read somewhere that is a known issue with some downloads, and Nokia aware of this stuck at 91%. The phone will be very laggy for hours as it rebuilds itself. At the end you may have to flash it.

I've read through every page in this thread. The lag seems normal and to be honest it's already faster than what it was before. I just need to resolve this App issue I think.

I recently got my phone and updated it from PR1.0 to PR1.2 through Nokia Care, as the update was not available OTA yet. (Couldn't wait

Well, I'm experiencing the following issues:

1. Face recognition has started recognising faces, which is great, but when adding a new face and starting to type the person's name, it doesn't auto-fill/give name suggestions from my contacts as it did in the beginning, It only displays a blank block.

2. Messaging app sometimes only displays phone numbers, instead of my contacts' names, It stays like this until I merge the message phone number with the specific contact, even though the number is already saved to the contact's name.

3. Video playback is also jerky on my side, as reported by other users,

Has anyone experienced anything similar?

i dont know this is an issue or not, since i always reflash+refurbish using phoenix, i realise that, my volume rocker become zoom in and out when it in camera mode.. may different from others maybe?

Originally Posted by nik nak View Post
Hi there

Love the N9, and today (finally) the PR 1.2 update appeared for download on the handset. So I charged it to full battery, and downloaded the update via wireless. Half way through the installation the phone went to flight mode? And it froze at 91%. I restarted the phone and it said something along the lines of rebuilding the update? or correcting or something similar. It failed and the phone booted up. It was quite slow and facebook and twitter did not work. So I went to settings and tried to Clear the device, assuming that would wipe it back to factory settings and I could attempt to download PR 1.2 again. It has whiped everything from the device, but still says it is @ PR 1.2 and facebook and twitter apps still don't work (I have tried reinstalling the specific apps aswell).

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help!
The "Reset device" option in Settings isn't a true reset, and won't solve the problem. You should reflash to a clean PR1.2 setup and start from there.

Posts: 1,034 | Thanked: 784 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Annapolis, MD
Anyone use their N9 with a Bluetooth car connection?

Under the original firmware, my N9's Bluetooth HFP profile could not only connect calls, but would also allow my car to access my N9's address book.

Since PR 1.2, I can't access the address book anymore....