Active Topics

Originally Posted by thelushlife View Post
was using the increased fonts without a problem on PR1.1.1.

somehow, i did the same editing after flashing to PR1.2, system fonts are larger, but the SMS/Messaging part doesn't work.

any help?
I am facing the same issue it says cant write to file.. is there a work around it..thanks

Posts: 2,102 | Thanked: 1,937 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Berlin, Germany
did you try to make a backup of /etc/hildon/theme/gtk-2.0/gtkrc and then edit the file? install rootsh from extras, then become root and edit the files you need.

Originally Posted by michaaa62 View Post
did you try to make a backup of /etc/hildon/theme/gtk-2.0/gtkrc and then edit the file? install rootsh from extras, then become root and edit the files you need.
1. I am using sudo gainroot, have rootsh installed.

How do you make a back up of /etc/hildon/theme/gtk-2.0/gtkrc, whats the command to save it.

It used to work perfect before I got the pr 1.2 firmware update..any suggestions what I can do.

thanks michaaa62 for the suggestion got it to work..

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Philippines
Originally Posted by thelushlife View Post
was using the increased fonts without a problem on PR1.1.1.

somehow, i did the same editing after flashing to PR1.2, system fonts are larger, but the SMS/Messaging part doesn't work.

any help?
I too upgraded to PR 1.2 and found that my conversation fonts had reverted back to the original tiny fonts. Just do PART 2 again of my original post to suit your preference.

To those having problems doing this mod, please check your spelling and spaces. There is a space between "cd" and "/" in "cd /usr/share/rtcom-messaging-ui/html".

BTW I find font-size: 32px; for SMS conversations to be ideal. For single SMS, I used 38px for really large letters easy on the eyes!

Here is how a single SMS looks like at 38 px

SMS conversation at 32 px

The Following User Says Thank You to BongC36 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ffarber View Post
BongC36-

This is a great writeup and is worthy of a wiki entry IMHO. I will do it if you don't mind my name being in as the author of the page but it would be more fitting coming from you. I guess the question is: where in the wiki to put it?

Fred

Edit: P.S. I didn't use this trick because I wound up going to progressive lenses at about the same time I got the N900
Hello, sorry for my very late reply. No I don't mind at all, please go ahead and make it a wiki if you think it will be helpful to other fellow N900 enthusiasts. Cheers!

since doing these mods i now have these green and purple lines in top left corner and cant work out why they are therre they only seem to come up when in a app and not on desktop or app menu

EDIT: this seems to have stopped after a reboot however my IM fonts are still small while the SMS fonts are large cant work out why

Last edited by ddwwf1; 2010-05-29 at 12:02.

also i have noticed my sms convo fonts are nice and readable now however im fonts are smaller and cant work out what i need to change for the IM fonts to be the same size as the SMS fonts some help on this soon would be great

Originally Posted by ddwwf1 View Post
also i have noticed my sms convo fonts are nice and readable now however im fonts are smaller and cant work out what i need to change for the IM fonts to be the same size as the SMS fonts some help on this soon would be great
Hmm, works in mine. Did you add "font-size: 32px;" to a new line under "div.message (" in the file "MessagingWidgetsChatConversation.css" too?
Maybe used a colon instead of a semi-colon?

Ok, I'm NOT savvy with X term and new to this system. I need simple help to get my fonts and phone numbers bigger as my eyes are popping out trying to figure out whats on the screen.

I'm using the digital nature theme, please please simple steps would be appreciated as I'm not figuring out what numbers to use to get all that stuff bigger.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by BongC36 View Post
Hmm, works in mine. Did you add "font-size: 32px;" to a new line under "div.message (" in the file "MessagingWidgetsChatConversation.css" too?
Maybe used a colon instead of a semi-colon?