Originally Posted by lma View Post
Wow! How is that working out? Are existing apps generally happy with the new libs?
Existing apps work flawlessly except that switching to a new glib messes up the GTK themes, meaning that you get default GTK widgets.

I haven't bothered to figure out what the problem is exactly, but I figure that it has something to do with a mismatch between such very different versions of glib/GTK+, so I'm just going ahead and porting Maemo changes to the Diablo version of GTK+ to version 2.30.2. That's going really slowly since I'm back in school now and teaching...but I get 200-400 lines out of my diff patch applied every three or four days. Out of about 19K left ;-) And of course, who knows what kind of breakage there's going to be once I finish...

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to earksiinni For This Useful Post:
Cool, keep us posted on any progress :-)

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
There is very little that is sweeter than seeing some progress on the Community version of Diablo...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
It would be great if the /etc/resolve.conf problem ever got fixed.

Also, if anything, I would love to see an end to the dsp_dld weirdness since I tend to use Garnet quite often.

Originally Posted by maacruz View Post
But if you start moving I'll try to follow, if possible.
For the next step, I'd like to avoid any initfs modifications, then after some relatively brief testing push out a new -stable and put more dangerous stuff in -testing.

Do you know which DT patch(es) break binary module compatibility?

Originally Posted by auouymous View Post
And DT's scheduler apparently causes MCE to break when alarmd is enabled.
There may be a third culprit involved: I'm experiencing that too now, but only after installing bootmenu and only when booting off the SD card.

Originally Posted by Addison View Post
It would be great if the /etc/resolve.conf problem ever got fixed.
I thought it was, unless you are talking about a different one - bug #?

The Following User Says Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lma View Post
There may be a third culprit involved: I'm experiencing that too now, but only after installing bootmenu and only when booting off the SD card.
Do you not have DT kernel? I can confirm that I have bootmenu, boot from SD and have the MCE/alarmd problem (when I enable alarmd, which is almost never).

Does everyone else with the MCE/alarmd problem use bootmenu and boot from SD?

Do you not have DT kernel? I can confirm that I have bootmenu, boot from SD and have the MCE/alarmd problem (when I enable alarmd, which is almost never).
Yes, Diablo + CSSU + DT + ASUI, alarmd always enabled. No problems when booting from mtd, screen doesn't go to sleep until mce is restarted when booting from SD. It may just be a race/timing issue, but I thought it worth mentioning.

Does everyone else with the MCE/alarmd problem use bootmenu and boot from SD?
I've had the problem once, but I can't remember if I was booting from SD or not. These days I only boot from the internal flash and I have alarms scheduled daily with no issues.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Have some kind of boot menu or other (no idea how long it has been there). But i boot from internal flash, not one of the SDs.

Tags
diablo, maemo 4