Posts: 127 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2016 @ Yekaterinbourg, Russia
Originally Posted by taixzo View Post
I enabled double-tap to wake shortly after installing Sailfish X, using this method. It works about as well as it did on the OnePlus X, except that occasionally the proximity sensor seems to get confused and the screen won't unlock unless you cover the proximity sensor and uncover it again. Battery life is decent, over two days with double tap enabled, wifi on, and bluetooth on and connected.
I enabled DTW for SfOS v.2.1.3.5. Yes, battery life has become shorter. I disabled DTW.
I enabled DTW again after update to v.2.1.3.7. It's OK for battery life! consumption is 10%/24h in standby mode(at night for ex.), 3G, wifi=bt=off, droid not installed.

I use uSD card Kingston 64GB fat32.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to XOleg For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
With several users moving from OnePlus X to Sony X, I do wonder how do they compare.

For me OnePlus X port is working fantastically well, its well supported with the updates coming regularly, and all the hardware that I use working well (including camera at full resolution). Taking into account also the work on keyboard (https://github.com/martonmiklos/sail...sage-predictor), xt9 maybe not needed soon. So, if you don't use Android layer, MS exchange, is SFOS experience much better on Sony when compared to OnePlus?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 127 | Thanked: 203 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Switzerland
The part that works way better for me is the browser in SailfishX. It used to crash all the way on the OPX. The camera on the OPX worked better I guess from the bad and unsharp pictures I get on the XperiaX.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to maximilian1st For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Originally Posted by maximilian1st View Post
I guess from the bad and unsharp pictures I get on the XperiaX.
Do you still get unsharp pictures after the update on 2.1.3.7?
I'm pleased with image quality of the XperiaX after the update.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 270 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leipzig/Germany
I didn't see any improvement of the picture quality between 2.1.3.5 and 2.1.3.7 on my Xperia X. The Images are still very blurry (regardless of taking them with the Stock Camera App or Android Apps).

http://www.seiichiro0185.org

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to seiichiro0185 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 411 | Thanked: 1,105 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
Same here. I don't use the camera anymore. Lets hope for a fix.

The Following User Says Thank You to BluesLee For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by seiichiro0185 View Post
I didn't see any improvement of the picture quality between 2.1.3.5 and 2.1.3.7 on my Xperia X. The Images are still very blurry (regardless of taking them with the Stock Camera App or Android Apps).
There is a huge difference between 2.1.3.5 and 2.1.3.7. Autofocus was broken. That's fixed in 2.1.3.7.

If there is no difference between Android apps and the Sailfish app, I would more bet on a hardware problem. Of course it also depends a lot on what you expect of the camera. It can't compare with HTC U11 or the Galaxy Note 8 camera and even to a lesser extent to a DSLR.

But If you look at this shot, I don't find it blury or bad quality.:

Last edited by Fellfrosch; 2017-12-01 at 14:04.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 270 | Thanked: 610 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leipzig/Germany
Originally Posted by Fellfrosch View Post
There is a huge difference between 2.1.3.5 and 2.1.3.7. Autofocus was broken. That's fixed in 2.1.3.7.

If there is no difference between Android apps and the Sailfish app, I would more bet on a hardware problem. Of course it also depends a lot on what you expect of the camera. It can't compare with HTC U11 or the Galaxy Note 8 camera and even to a lesser extent to a DSLR.

But If you look at this shot, I don't find it blury or bad quality.:
https://www2.pic-upload.de/img/34397...201_145005.jpg
It seems to work OK for closeup pictures similar to yours:

But e.g. for other scenarios it looks (IMHO) totally cr*py (I did try several times with more or less the same result):

Outside Picture looks ok-ish, but still not optimal:

Maybe I'm just expecting way to much, but after hearing all about how much better the Quality (HW-wise) of the Camera should be on the Xperia compared to Jolla 1 and Jolla C im more than underwhelmed with the current results (and yes I know a phone-camera can't compete with a full blown DSLR or DLSM). For me the current Result doesn't differ much (quality wise) from the Pictures my Jolla C took.

http://www.seiichiro0185.org

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to seiichiro0185 For This Useful Post:
That's ISO Speed 600 on such a small sensor you can't expect great photos. Compare on ISO 50 or 64 than the results are much better:

Bad conditions this time for the AF through a reflecting window...

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Your outside photo looks absolutely Ok for me. You can't expect much better results from a mobile phone. I think you should have exposed a little bit brighter. But regarding sharpness there is nothing to complain about. I usually use a DSLR for making photos and shooting a photo with completly opened Aperture, you don't get muuuch better sharpness (at least with a zoom lens).

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:

Tags
sailfish os, sony xperia x