Notices

Anyone have any idea why this doesn't work?

Can you be more specific please?
Are you talking about sirius internet radio? I tried it on a guest account, and i had no sound on my desktop (even though it seemed to be fine).
I was using firefox under linux, so it may be that it uses some gimmick that doesn't work on linux systems
EDIT: see here. In their wisdom they decided to only support internet explorer and windoze media player. I won't go into a rant about why they utterly suck and people who push them should be flailed in the town square. Enough to say they won't work on anything not made by microsoft

Last edited by MrGrim; 2009-12-12 at 23:14.

I think he may be talking about something like this
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=7402
Be nice if it could be a package with a widget.

The Iphone has a Sirius app that actually works very simply. I have tried the just going to the web site and running it from that on the N900 with no luck. Didn't realize you could only do it from IE!

I'm having the same problem with "XM" and the "online radio". Web pages render fine, but the embedded player is "Windows Media", and I get an error trying to play the stream. The player itself has a generic media icon where the player should be...thought I could finally stop using Skyfire.

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Denmark
I think it could work through Orb
http://forums.orb.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=24003

Posts: 65 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Seoul, South Korea
I am hearing a lot of people say, "well yeah, but you can get to it via the "actual" website."

I don't think that's the answer. If we want this device to be used my the masses (ie better support/development), we need to make things easier for those folks. It's always going to be compared to the Iphone and it's easy use. I don't want an Iphone, but i think we need to move towards making these type of tasks, "one button widget clicks". Just my two cents.

Sirius would be pretty cool, especially since I am in korea. It's nice to hear some english news/music.

So has anyone wrote Sirius and asked if there would be any interest for them to make an app for the n900 or perhaps work with the community to create one?

Originally Posted by MrWh1t3 View Post
I am hearing a lot of people say, "well yeah, but you can get to it via the "actual" website."

I don't think that's the answer. If we want this device to be used my the masses (ie better support/development), we need to make things easier for those folks. It's always going to be compared to the Iphone and it's easy use. I don't want an Iphone, but i think we need to move towards making these type of tasks, "one button widget clicks". Just my two cents.

Sirius would be pretty cool, especially since I am in korea. It's nice to hear some english news/music.
Agreed. I had myself fooled into thinking I could just use things like Pandora in the web browser and get around the need for apps. Sure it works, kind of, but it takes forever to load and is really hard to navigate due to the screen size.

Compare that to just tapping the Pandora widget on my android phone and there is no contest. Even though the n900 browser can access websites most devices can't, it still can't beat a dedicated app when it comes to speed and ease of use.

Today is the 14th day and I am sending this back! I was under the mistaken belief that I would be able to use Sirius and Hulu and that has not been the case. That coupled with poor battery performance, lack of apps, and extreme size forced me to go with the Iphone.