Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
rle is 16 bit run length encoded data, converted my example png to rle and it seems to work.

RM696-07-1_PR_001:~# disclaimer-cal write View-openmove disclaimer-custom.rle
disclaimer-cal: Disclaimer written to CAL (size: 68843)
Thanks for that. So, the CAL area is locked in Open Mode. What makes it locked? Is there a possibility to "unlock" it and make it writable? Things like device lock would still be helpful to have in open mode. Similarly, does the locked-ness of the CAL area have something to do with the aegis secure store / the password requests for saved account passwords after going to open mode?

The Following User Says Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by thp View Post
Thanks for that. So, the CAL area is locked in Open Mode. What makes it locked? Is there a possibility to "unlock" it and make it writable? Things like device lock would still be helpful to have in open mode. Similarly, does the locked-ness of the CAL area have something to do with the aegis secure store / the password requests for saved account passwords after going to open mode?
Bootloader locks the nand, so there is no way to make it writable without reflash.

In openmode aegis uses different encryption key than in open mode, thats the reason why things start to fail if you first have configured account details first in secure-mode. If you go directly to openmode after full reflash without booting to secure mode at all, then all your aegis secure stores are created with open mode key, but if you have booted to secure mode before going to open, then there will be encryption key conflicts, ie you need to delete securemode stores and create them again (so it will use openmode keys).

Last edited by rainisto; 2012-03-24 at 13:54.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
but if you have booted to secure mode before going to open, then there will be encryption key conflicts, ie you need to delete securemode stores and create them again (so it will use openmode keys).
Can I do that manually? I haven't found any instructions on the Wiki (.meego.com), but I guess that info might be useful for more people. I'd rather just remove all accounts, then create a new securemode store and then re-add all accounts instead of re-flashing closed mode and then flashing open mode again.

The Following User Says Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
rle is 16 bit run length encoded data, converted my example png to rle and it seems to work.

nice assume you used imagemagick? eg.
convert disclaimer.png -compress=RLE disclaimer.rle ?

Can I do that manually? I haven't found any instructions on the Wiki (.meego.com), but I guess that info might be useful for more people. I'd rather just remove all accounts, then create a new securemode store and then re-add all accounts instead of re-flashing closed mode and then flashing open mode again.
yes, you can delete stores with apscli

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
yes, you can delete stores with apscli
Doesn't seem to work for me:

Code:
~ # apscli -s signon-private:Se -D
apscli.cpp(721): ERROR: Storage 'signon-private' could not be removed (Permission denied)
Do I need a special kernel or something to be able to use it?
Will the store be re-created automatically or do I have to use apscli to re-create it (if so, with which option)?

Doesn't seem to work for me:

Code:
~ # apscli -s signon-private:Se -D
apscli.cpp(721): ERROR: Storage 'signon-private' could not be removed (Permission denied)
Do I need a special kernel or something to be able to use it?
Will the store be re-created automatically or do I have to use apscli to re-create it (if so, with which option)?
you need to run the command from some all capa shell, like com.nokia.maemo origin opensh. Usually aegis stores are re-created on next reboot by the applications that use them.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 233 | Thanked: 491 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
of course no.
Not even using Inception/Open Mode with opensh?

Hit thanks if I have helped in some way, or you agree with me

Twitter
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Battery Widget
#OperationUnicorn
Harmoji - Emoji for Harmattan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
N9 [Black] - Sailfish OS (1.x.x.xx)
N9 [White] - PR 1.3 [Stock]
N950 - Sailfish OS
Z10 LE - 10.2.1.1055
Dev Alpha C - 10.2.1.1055

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on

do you mind sharing steps to create the .rle?

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Ok, so this still only works for those who can boot to normal mode (whoever that is)? Those of us running in Open Mode can't get rid of this awful screen?