Notices

Originally Posted by crasbelize View Post
hey.
my yahoo is not working also.
this sucks...all my friends is on yahoo.

is there a FIX?
I second that. I've been trying to figure out for days now why my pidgin won't yahoo on my n810. I reported it as a bug in the garage. I hope it's fixed soon, or that somebody can help ...

j

Well same or not it worked fine. I think the -os2008 add on to the file name came up later in the install. this worked fine for my and my IM stuff is all working fine. Sorry I don;t use yahoo either so I can offer no help for this recent problem

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
If there is a "pager sever" field in the settings for your yahoo account replace what is there with "cs101.msg.mud.yahoo.com" (without quotes) works for me using pidgin...just not sure if there is a like field when using rtcomm.

Originally Posted by qole View Post
I am not the Pidgin for Maemo developer, nor do I have it installed. All I do is try to keep the enhanced version of the built-in client working using bits from Ubuntu or Debian...

I also don't use Yahoo IM...
Sorry if I implied you were. But the code change to pidgin was probably made to libpurple which is used by telethapy-haze which is used by collabora which is used...etc

You're the closest we have to a pidgin developer. Don't be ashamed of your power!

Originally Posted by munky261 View Post
If there is a "pager sever" field in the settings for your yahoo account replace what is there with "cs101.msg.mud.yahoo.com" (without quotes) works for me using pidgin...just not sure if there is a like field when using rtcomm.
cs101.msg.mud.yahoo.com didn't work for me, now i have no yahoo in pidgin and rtcomm...damn!

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
it just stopped working for me as well

Originally Posted by dukemagus View Post
sorry for bringing the topic from the ashes, but the title really fits the question...

there's a Windows Live Messenger ADD-ON called "messenger plus! live" (http://www.msgpluslive.net/)... it gives the WLM a lot of features, and one of them is the possibility of formatting text (via bracket tags [some letter inside [it], for example)

well it looks great on plus! messenger, but it just occupy a whole lot of space in N800 messenegrs and makes the nicks unreadable...

is there a way to make the messengers process (understand) these tags, or at least ignore them in contact display names?

no solution?

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Ask your friends to stop using icons in their nicks?

Seriously, though, I'm pretty sure you can rename contacts locally to make the names more readable.

EDIT: Yes, I just did it for one of my MSN contacts. I was able to replace his long, icon-riddled nickname with his real name by editing his contact record.

Last edited by qole; 2009-06-23 at 05:49.

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by EL_EASY View Post
cs101.msg.mud.yahoo.com didn't work for me, now i have no yahoo in pidgin and rtcomm...damn!
Try this:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=298765&postcount=8

Originally Posted by qole View Post
tori:

If you follow my instructions, ICQ should work. It works on my tablet.

autobulb:

I'm sorry, I don't know why you're having troubles. Do you have the latest firmware? Did you follow my instructions?
Thank you Very much qole,
It finally works

Tags
instant messaging, rtcomm