Active Topics

Hi Guys.
I dropped my N9 and broke the display.The glass is shattered but it still works.I'm thinking about whether to change the display by myself for about 65 euros or buying a new/used one for 140-200.
My Phone still works perfectly,so my Question is,if it's as easy as in LE55ONS video or if it happens often that you brake the proximity sensor or something as reported in some threads.
I'd be happy to hear about your experiences...thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to emro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
disassembled many n9, it's very easy to change display

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
Yeah, I have done it many times, and I have never had any issues. The LE55ONS video makes it easy as pie!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to imaginaryenemy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 102 | Thanked: 228 times | Joined on Jan 2014 @ Northern WI, USA
it's really easy to do, go for it. the LE55ON's guy makes certain things look a little easier to do than they actually are (in particular popping the screen out takes a bit of work); just take your time and you'll get it. after you've done it once it's a piece of cake to do again.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kapu2 For This Useful Post:
Alright.Thanks a lot.Just ordered the Display.Will let you know how it worked out!

The Following User Says Thank You to emro For This Useful Post:
be aware that sometimes proximity and light sensor might stop working for some unknown reason

The Following User Says Thank You to kpblxa For This Useful Post:
I finally finished it.i changed it a month ago, but always had problems with the proximity sensor.it was tricky because I had to change the metal frame to, because the display came without.when I glued it together a bit of glue went right over the inside of the display where the proximity sensor lays.I didn't see it until yesterday when I found some time to inspect it.I cleaned it and now it works.so glad.thanks for your advice.bye.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to emro For This Useful Post:

Tags
broken display, nokia n9