Closed Thread
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
My feeling is that ip addresses play about 0% of the main problem here.
then it shouldn't be a problem, should it?

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Geneven states "I have no personal dislike of abill_uk whatsoever" and if that is the case what is the reason for all the noise he is making on TMO ?.

If you feel the need to rant then may i suggest the perfect thread for that as in the COmmunity rant thread and leave this thread for it's intended purpose = the future of TMO.
The title of this thread is Ask the Council! The intent of the title appears to be to provide a place where people can Ask the Council.

The reason for all my noise is that I think you should be given the old heave-ho because of your constant infractions. I wish you well and don't dislike you. I think you interfere with communication on this site. I am typically opposed to banning people, but you are the exception who proves the rule. I was opposed to banning Orange_Box the infamous, for example.

You have a Dr. Jeckyl and Mr. Hyde personality split, I have concluded, so at the moment you are relatively benign, but I have seen from repeated experience you can quickly become intolerable. I don't think this site should continue to put up with you. You yourself have essentially said that this is a lousy site and you know better ones. You should go to them.

I mention this issue to the Council because I don't know who else it is appropriate to contact about this. If Abill_uk continues here, it doesn't cause me a particular problem -- it causes all of us a problem.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by misterc View Post
then it shouldn't be a problem, should it?
No it shouldn't, and if Reggie wants to waste his time following your suggestion it's perfectly fine with me. I predict it will not lead to startling revelations.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
[...]I mention this issue to the Council because I don't know who else it is appropriate to contact about this. [...]
you have to contact Reggie.
the council is not @ all responsible for what's happening on TMO.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Geneven states "I have no personal dislike of abill_uk whatsoever" and if that is the case what is the reason for all the noise he is making on TMO ?.
It's simple. He is separating problematic behavior from the person in general. Something adults do.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
It's simple. He is separating problematic behavior from the person in general. Something adults do.
are you saying that combating noise with noise is a grown up behaviour?

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by misterc View Post
are you saying that combating noise with noise is a grown up behaviour?
You took the words right out my mouth !!!!.

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
The meeting was not secret and was mentioned by me (if you wanted to attend you could have)
I know you mentioned it was happening "soon" or even (at one point) "we're meeting with Nokia tomorrow". However, I missed the announcement of the time & agenda. I would have thought it would have been on the Council blog, or maemo-community, but it was neither AFAICT.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaffa For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
The meeting was not secret and was mentioned by me [...]
SD69,

i just browsed some thru meego.com but couldn't find any forum comparable to TMO, with support for devices, software aso.
is this something that NOKIA is going to build until 2013 (on meego.com)?

otherwise, how is the support for Harmattan devices going to be provided?
where will the repositories be hosted?

just wondering, as i just realized that Harmattan support is de facto here on TMO too and the download section for handsets (on meego.com) seems pretty outdated (and not providing any repositories?); where will those be hosted, when N9s go on sales?

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by Jaffa View Post
I know you mentioned it was happening "soon" or even (at one point) "we're meeting with Nokia tomorrow". However, I missed the announcement of the time & agenda. I would have thought it would have been on the Council blog, or maemo-community, but it was neither AFAICT.
The council we have at the moment are very quiet which is the main reason it needs to be changed also from the point they do not seem to know what direction to go.

Honest opinion's are not slaunder by the way !.

Closed Thread

Tags
council