Closed Thread
Posts: 3,328 | Thanked: 4,476 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Poland
Because some apps can be quite dangerous. I think there should be an option: `automatically promote to extras when possible.`

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marmistrz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Regarding the Coding Competition 2011

We have prepared everything to setup the voting process but we have the problem we need access to the server and some one with enought skills to setup the voting. I wrote Bergie a PM if he is able to help us.

This was the reply:
Originally Posted by bergie
Please have the Council send a request on this to support (at) [censored].com

After a short discussion we are sure he want's a official order for this to create a ticket.

Could the Council help? What information do you need?

Last edited by Helmuth; 2011-09-09 at 17:37. Reason: censored the mail adress to avoid mischief - I'm sure the council know it already

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
...no reply, not even a "just a moment, the council members have to talk about this appeal first"...

Very frustrating and I feel so sorry for the 63 developers which has spent a lot of time and effort to create the 79 promising applications for our present platform maemo and our possible future MeeGo.

Sure, the organisator could have prepared everything before the competition ended. But it was the first time and without much experience you can't see the obstacles before they hit you with all their power directly in your face. And sometimes it is hard to schedule and know how much time you could allocate in 5 months if you start such a project in April. Some private stuff is out of your control even if you try it as hard as you can. And all of my respect to everyone (Kojacker last year and Zehjotkah this year) who runs such a project in his spare time.

Not all members are able to develop software. But we are a community, we should stay together, help each other and motivate developers to support our beloved devices.

The Maemo / MeeGo Coding Competition 2011 has clearly done this job outstanding.

Sadly it feels currently like this was the last community coding competition - and I'm very unhappy with this feeling. I still love my Nokia N900. And it clearly deserved much more interest. From the manufacturer, from the community and even their elected Councils.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
Face it. There is no longer such thing as a Council in here. There are 5 members and not even one answered to your request.

When things will move like this there will be no ellection for the next council so I think that we you have to solve the voting in other way.

As you wrote it is sad that so many people worked hard and...

Posts: 1,513 | Thanked: 2,248 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ US
Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post
Regarding the Coding Competition 2011

We have prepared everything to setup the voting process but we have the problem we need access to the server and some one with enought skills to setup the voting. I wrote Bergie a PM if he is able to help us.

This was the reply:

After a short discussion we are sure he want's a official order for this to create a ticket.

Could the Council help? What information do you need?
I asked X-Fade directly in the council meeting on Tuesday if Nemein could help with the coding competition vote. As I said before, I was not involved but I try to help now. I was the one who initiated email to Dave Neary before and he at least was in contact even if he is not available to help.

Sorry you are having difficulty. To be candid, I would not expect the Council to address your appeal in the urgent time that remains even though it is fully worthy of its attention. I was the only council member who participated in the meeting on Tuesday. You should PM Texrat if you haven't already.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SD69 For This Useful Post:
Thanks SD69 for your reply and sorry for my harsh post. I guess I left this morning my bed with the wrong feet first... I'm today easily irritable... (my colleague told my already)
I was aware of your first message several days ago. But we still need further help. (the official Council message to Bergie)

I still hope we are able to finish this competition somehow successful.

Texrat has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.
I wrote him now at forum.meego.com a private message. Thanks.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fw190 View Post
Face it. There is no longer such thing as a Council in here. There are 5 members and not even one answered to your request.
I have just responded separately to yesterday's request, and I also responded to the request made before that. Please allow at least 24 hours for a response to a query in this thread.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SD69 For This Useful Post:
Fair enough

Thanks SD69 for your reply and sorry for my harsh post. I guess I left this morning my bed with the wrong feet first... I'm today easily irritable... (my colleague told my already)
No problem. I share your frustration.

I was aware of your first message several days ago. But we still need further help. (the official Council message to Bergie)

I still hope we are able to finish this competition somehow successful.

I wrote him now at forum.meego.com a private message. Thanks.
Unfortunately, I myself can't act officially for Council as I am only 1 out of 5.

Even if you have to conduct the vote by a poll again, I would still call the competition successful judging by the number of entries and the prizes.

Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
Even if you have to conduct the vote by a poll again, I would still call the competition successful judging by the number of entries and the prizes.

I guess before we follow this "Plan F" we try to follow Zehjotkah's new Plan B to setup our own voting system on a different server with the user data from TMO.
But I would still prefer Plan A - the official maemo.org election system, on the maemo server and in the best case with a maemo.org eMail adress in the from field to avoid confusion for the receivers. In the best case setup by a person with enough skills to avoid thousands of eMails without or with the wrong content.

Last edited by Helmuth; 2011-09-08 at 12:42. Reason: added last sentence

The Following User Says Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
council