Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 206 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by XxPAPixSMURFxX View Post
is the widget suppose to be one piece or several pieces bc i have a piece for each widget along with the n900 image. oh and i was wondering if you can change the time to 12hrs. mode instead of the one that goes to 24hrs.
The widget is supposed to be several pieces. The N900 background is only there instead of the intended background panel because you missed a step in my guide. Unless you wanted the N900 background instead of the normal background panel?

As for the 12 hour clock instead of 24 hours, yes there is a script for it, I remember someone wrote it the other HTC clock thread, but I don't use 12 hour clocks so I honestly didn't pay attention to what the script was or where it was written.

Both threads are linked in my guide though, if you check them, I'm sure you can find the post with this script

The Following User Says Thank You to Prozac786 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 304 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Apeldoorn area, Netherlands
Really good tutorial!.

I've stumbled into one problem, my temperature is measured in fahrenheit, but I added this to the yahoo link: unit=c
How did you get it in Celcius? :s

Originally Posted by XxPAPixSMURFxX View Post
is the widget suppose to be one piece or several pieces bc i have a piece for each widget along with the n900 image. oh and i was wondering if you can change the time to 12hrs. mode instead of the one that goes to 24hrs.
I had the same problem first that my background was a n900.

Originally Posted by Prozac786 View Post
4. Extract qbw_flipclock_images_(GuyHoffman+No!No!No!Yes!).zi p
to a folder of the same name, it should contain many image files.

5. Put all of these image files in /home/user/.queen_beecon_dir directory.
When you download the GuyHoffman+No!No!No!Yes! image files there is also a image file named: qbw_flipclock.png
This one looks like a n900. Rename this one to qbw_flipclock2.png or something.
Then repeat step 1 to 3 and put the qbw_flipclock.png again the /home/user/.queen_beecon_dir
Then it will look like a HTC background.

I think the problem is that the OP used qbw_flipclock_images_(qosmio).1.zip
and not the GuyHoffman one.

Hope you can understand it since my english isnt that good.

Last edited by Wreck; 2011-04-23 at 17:42.

Originally Posted by Wreck View Post
Really good tutorial!.

I've stumbled into one problem, my temperature is measured in fahrenheit, but I added this to the yahoo link: unit=c
How did you get it in Celcius? :s

I had the same problem first that my background was a n900.

When you download the GuyHoffman+No!No!No!Yes! image files there is also a image file named: qbw_flipclock.png
This one looks like a n900. Rename this one to qbw_flipclock2.png or something.
Then repeat step 1 to 3 and put the qbw_flipclock.png again the /home/user/.queen_beecon_dir
Then it will look like a HTC background.

I think the problem is that the OP used qbw_flipclock_images_(qosmio).1.zip
and not the GuyHoffman one.

Hope you can understand it since my english isnt that good.
My mistake, fixed now, ammended it in guide.

Posts: 1,444 | Thanked: 461 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ pakistan
every time i change that rectangular box the clock went under the box like as in photoshop you do with the layers

p.s there should an option to merge all the beecon in one for the clock widget :P

Last edited by eefo; 2011-04-24 at 13:25.

Originally Posted by eefo View Post
plus every time i change that rectangular box the clock went under the box like as in photoshop you do with the layers

p.s there should an option to merge all the beecon in one for the clock widget :P
That happens with all widgets on the N900 that overlap each other, the one that you drag or move becomes the top layer automatically. This is coded into the N900.

Just put the background in the place you want it to be, place the other widgets on top of it so they do not cover the 'settings' option of the background, that way you can click settings on it and the clock/weather will remain on top.

As far as making them all one widget, you will have to speak to the creator of the QBW app for this request. But somone recently asked him of this and as I understand, he said it is way too complicated to do something like that.

Posts: 1,444 | Thanked: 461 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ pakistan
Originally Posted by Prozac786 View Post
That happens with all widgets on the N900 that overlap each other, the one that you drag or move becomes the top layer automatically. This is coded into the N900.

Just put the background in the place you want it to be, place the other widgets on top of it so they do not cover the 'settings' option of the background, that way you can click settings on it and the clock/weather will remain on top.

As far as making them all one widget, you will have to speak to the creator of the QBW app for this request. But somone recently asked him of this and as I understand, he said it is way too complicated to do something like that.
thanks
well a question , already been asked but need to ask from a pro :P
how to get the hour and minutes digits to be attached ?
as in two beecons for hours and minuets as they are four now .

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Philippines
@Prozac786
thanks man! i always ignore QBW, my first impression is that it was too complicated for noobs. after trying your tutorial, found out that it rocks! here's a screenshot of mine.
Attached Images

Just used the weather widget to my liking.. Turned out to look great!!
Attached Images

Posts: 304 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Apeldoorn area, Netherlands
I still havent managed to get my temperature in Celcius. I am using this link: http://weather.yahoo.com/netherlands...728940/?unit=c
Attached Images

Originally Posted by eefo View Post
thanks
well a question , already been asked but need to ask from a pro :P
how to get the hour and minutes digits to be attached ?
as in two beecons for hours and minuets as they are four now .
For that you have to use the digits with no background and create the background separately for them, but thats something I didn't prefer to do. So I have no experience there.

It maybe best to ask Darkgunman for help on this as he has created his HTC style clock this way.