Active Topics

Posts: 805 | Thanked: 440 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Mississauga, On
So this is nokias shipping day, i.e. the day they ship to retailers? i.e. if i ordered from amazon i get to wait another 2 weeks.... DAMNIT.

Originally Posted by joshua.maverick View Post
So this is nokias shipping day, i.e. the day they ship to retailers? i.e. if i ordered from amazon i get to wait another 2 weeks.... DAMNIT.
Who knows, we would get an announcement from Nokia first (and probably a post from Peter on here). And it'd be in the news on maemo.org and news on every technology site with the headline "n900 finally gets out of the gate and is buggy as hell" =P

I do hope that it ships soon though (e.g. this week). I was hoping to have it in my hands by next week.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Originally Posted by JayOnThaBeat View Post
That's exactly right... that's why you boys should switch over to American football. Our guys get to use their hands and everything!
Hell yeah. I mean, American football has a guy called the KICKER. Does your "football" have that?

I've been waiting patiently (well, kinda) for my pre-ordered N900(s) since september.
A couple of days ago I used my iPhone 3G to look for a release date update on nokia.se, and clicked to pre-order the N900. But what popped up was the N97.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a34ZIs47gYE

I've reported the "bug" to Nokia Sweden, so I expect them to fix it soon, but as of now it's still the N97 that pops up.

I think that Nokia does have a problem in that the N900 is a far superior phone to the N97, but they are both at nearly the same price point.

Posts: 805 | Thanked: 440 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Mississauga, On
No way nokia is going to ship today, without first publicizing the date.

The Following User Says Thank You to joshua.maverick For This Useful Post:
The N900 meetup in London is on the 17th so I think it makes sense that it will ship that week or the week just after.

Originally Posted by fmo View Post
The N900 meetup in London is on the 17th so I think it makes sense that it will ship that week or the week just after.
I agree it would make sense, if it were not for the comments from sales people at Nokia.

I am starting to lose faith a bit - no bank or email account activity yet.

Posts: 117 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Wolverhampton
Nothing a phone call wont clear up..

Posts: 95 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Southend On Sea , Uk
Originally Posted by joshua.maverick View Post
No way nokia is going to ship today, without first publicizing the date.
I was just wondering if your read any of the other posts in thread or what peter said himself ?

Tags
bumped by idiot?, impatience, n900 release, strange