Active Topics

Posts: 380 | Thanked: 459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Slovenia
Will there be a live broadcast of this event tomorrow?

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
Originally Posted by olympus View Post
Will there be a live broadcast of this event tomorrow?
http://www.nokia.com/press

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
Posts: 235 | Thanked: 89 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ italy
What will maemo/meego community does?

Web OS 2.0 is old skool. Web OS 3.0 is Meego based. They rewrote the whole ui with qtquick. Jaaksi and Skillman swap was planned all along.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mikec For This Useful Post:
Were we "given" Preenv webOS games as a nice taster of what to expect in the future a months ago?

Posts: 289 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Tampere, Finland
Originally Posted by droitwichgas View Post
Were we "given" Preenv webOS games as a nice taster of what to expect in the future a months ago?
Are you paranoiac too?

Last edited by jsa; 2011-02-10 at 21:45.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jsa For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by Crashdamage View Post
Hmmm...HP keeps WebOS, Nokia keeps MeeGo, but since both are basically mobile Linux distros they agree on a common app base via Qt integration? Maybe Nokia's flavor of MeeGo gets some WebOS UI goodies?
this could be the case dont forget that Jaaksi did leave Nokia and enter HP and HP guys Nokia. Maybe to infiltrate HP

Of all the rumors THIS is the best ne imho

hell infact of all those rumors why the freak didnt we see this before? I mean cmon would this be the most strrategy direction for Nokia and HP too with same devframework they both win?

maybe I am totally wrong but if this would be damn great hell I will by more stocks at Nokia if this happens

Last edited by mikecomputing; 2011-02-10 at 21:57.

Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
hell infact of all those rumors why the freak didnt we see this before? I mean cmon would this be the most strrategy direction for Nokia and HP too with same devframework they both win?
Please read the whole thread and every post. It was mentioned several times in different scenarios... and perhaps also at several threads.
  • "quit MeeGo, use WebOS"
  • "WebOS UI on top of MeeGo core"
  • "common app store with WebOS"
  • "OVI only for Symbian, take the WebOS solution for MeeGo"
  • "official Qt WebOS support"
  • "HP joining MeeGo and provides the UI"

But I can understand... 500 posts with 2% information and the rest reiterations with the same WP7, Android BS from different "5 posts, 0 thanks people" is very hard to read...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Helmuth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 415 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ San Francisco, CA
MeeGo or BUST~!!!!

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Okay what about this!

1) Will Stephen Elop be a hero for Nokia and the rest of the linux lovers and supporters (like Steve Jobs a hero of apple) by annoucing that MeeGo will be AllWeGo?

2) Will Stephen Elop be a villian and destroying MeeGo with a revolution toward Win7 on Nokia phones?

3) Will Stephen Elop be the most hated man by people who loves MeeGO and Maemo? If he really is ditching it.

4) If Win7 on Nokia phones, will you be a loyal customers toward Nokia and keep buying their MS Nokia products? I'm not lol

Tags
bye-nokia, i don't even, just shoot him, just shoot me, let's elope, lockdown, meego?fail, negatron dan, nokia defiled, nokia suicide, sell tulips, step 8 out of 5, the-end?, www.elop.org