can tmobile give you a micro and a regular activated on same number
?

i don't mind paying. Sim adapter is a pain in n8

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by Ali bhai View Post
Tmo gives free microsims, just call customer service. They even ship it overnight for free, the stores charge you 20 dollars.
Sure, but you wouldn't be able to switch back and forth between phones that use different sized sims. Only a sim cutter/adapter would do that.

Originally Posted by quipper8 View Post
can tmobile give you a micro and a regular activated on same number
?

i don't mind paying. Sim adapter is a pain in n8
I doubt that Tmobile would do that.

Congrats!

T-Mo works great even on a cut-down SIM on 64GB Black Amazon N9 (I cut out the first SIM for my wife and got a SIM cutter for mine - both work fine). Stopped by a couple T-Mo stores and they wanted $20 for a microsim. I called T-Mo and they said they were out of microsims a couple months back. Maybe they have them in stock now.

In NY both call quality/reception is excellent as well as 2.5/3.5G data and WiFi Hotspot.

Battery life is MEH but this phone is light years more pleasing than the HTC Androids Sensation and Amaze 4G phones. The interface can be a little laggy but hopefully that's fixed in 1.3. Heck, if an iPhone 3G(S) can have a smooth interface at 600 MHz I think a little optimization could make the N9 fly.

In any case, enjoy the phone!

Last edited by N9WB; 2012-05-03 at 02:36.

just bought a 16gb Cyan one on friday. Had it overnighted to my house on Saturday and now am a member of the N9 community as well.

Always wanted an N900 but ended up with an N8 last year, after i lost it I decided to get the n9. This phone is awesome.. Can't believe this OS is already pretty much dead, so intuitive.

I hope the community can keep the n9 going with whatever people have to offer. This is really an amazing phone.

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Wisconsin
I had a n900, then n8, a short affair with a galaxy s, now with my n9. I miss gravity and the n8 camera, but the n9 feels like the way that a touch screen phone should work. Symbian is just old and build for buttons, android is a mess, IOS is boring and just starting to get confusing the more they tack on. Meego just works right and I wish we had a future....

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Sure, but you wouldn't be able to switch back and forth between phones that use different sized sims. Only a sim cutter/adapter would do that.
Well, you could request a microSIM and use an adapter when switching phones - i.e. the same result but without requiring SIM mutilation .

The Following User Says Thank You to itsnotabigtruck For This Useful Post:
I have a prepaid US T-Mobile SIM. Do you know if they can replace it with a micro SIM, so that I can keep my old phone number (paying $20 in the store would be okay)?

PS: why couldn't they just use normal SIM card in the N9...

Originally Posted by emev View Post
I have a prepaid US T-Mobile SIM. Do you know if they can replace it with a micro SIM, so that I can keep my old phone number (paying $20 in the store would be okay)?

PS: why couldn't they just use normal SIM card in the N9...
Call customer service and if they can help you, they will. I've switched phone numbers to different SIMs several times and almost every operator was very helpful. I got a blockhead on the other end one time and I just said thank you, hung up, called right back and got someone who could take care of it. They always tell you it's going to take a few hours for the change to take effect but for me it's always been near-instantaneous.

Might be a different story with pre-paid so just give a call.

Congrats to the new members of the N9 Club. Agreed, it's the way a touch screen phone should work. Everyone that sees my N9 is blown away at the quality and simplicity.

The Following User Says Thank You to N9WB For This Useful Post:
In my case, I'm paying less for the N9 than I paid for the N800, N810, or N900! They were all about $400. We'll see if I like it...