Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 411 | Thanked: 1,105 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Europe
With this app i applied for the Summer '12 Device Program / New Apps for Nokia Store .. it was accepted ... now published ... i will get a developer device ... and then ... i will take over the world! Muwhahaha

About StandByMee-Chess
StandByMee-Chess displays a randomly chosen chess position given by a FEN (Forsyth-Edwards-Notation) on the standby screen of our beloved Nokia N9. For this I use an included chess database consisting of more than 120.000 mate in #2 positions.

The active color is highlighted by a rectangle in the field of the corresponding king.

Users which are on PR 1.3
Please uninstall StandbyMee-Chess and install it again as the default css file libsysuid-screenlock-nokia.css - which takes care of the operator logo dimensions etc - will probably be redistristibuted by the update and will take effect after a reboot.

Screenshots

Installation
You can install the app from http://store.ovi.com/content/287445 resp. http://store.ovi.mobi/content/287445 from your N9.

You need to reboot your device after installation, or alternatively do as root
Code:
/sbin/initctl restart xsession/sysuid

Support Webpage / Blog
blueslee's world. Apps for the community.

Future plans:
  • Add GUI with update and solution button
  • Code optimization ..

Changelog
  • Changelog version 0.5.5:
    • Added splash screen and update notification.
    • Added postrm / and prerm scripts handling css file for operator logo.
    • The active color is now highlighted by a rectangle in the square of the corresponding king.
    • Several minor changes.
  • StandByMee-Chess 0.5.0: Initial release. Had to be removed from here.

Thanks goes to:
[1] Eduardo Sadier for his permission to use his "The Art of Direct Mate in Two Moves" FEN database: https://sites.google.com/site/edusad...mateintwomoves
[2] Paul Sherman for his collection of public domain images: http://www.wpclipart.com/recreation/...t_1/index.html
[3] Javispedro for his Harmattan icon generator: http://apps.javispedro.com/nit/hicg/
[4] Thomas Guest for his inspiring blog on drawing chess positions: http://wordaligned.org/articles/drawing-chess-positions
[5] Of course not to forget our TMO community.

Last edited by BluesLee; 2012-07-06 at 04:08. Reason: Update

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to BluesLee For This Useful Post:
For those who wonder why i selected the above 'ugly' colors: This seems not to be easy as we have only 2^3 colors available for this task (#000000, #ff0000 and so on ...) and i get always screen flickering and noise with other combinations (just drawing an empty board).
I would also prefer something like

Last edited by BluesLee; 2012-06-16 at 21:43. Reason: Using project specific subfolder for dropbox folder

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BluesLee For This Useful Post:
@geneven: I guess you restartet your phone, otherwise you may see a 120x120 logo instead of 450x450. Do you use other apps which modify the operator logo in parallel or did you changed the system file libsysuid-screenlock-nokia.css in the past?

Wow ! Really a wonderful app !! Keep it up buddy ! Looks damn cool on a black n9 , unfortunately i own the unicorn "white N9" , for it , your app wud luk killing in white & black combo !!! Wat do u think ?

The Following User Says Thank You to omar451451 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by omar451451 View Post
Wow ! Really a wonderful app !! Keep it up buddy ! Looks damn cool on a black n9 , unfortunately i own the unicorn "white N9" , for it , your app wud luk killing in white & black combo !!! Wat do u think ?
Thank you Omar. Please note that only very few color combinations are possible as you only have 8 colors available (at least this is the common opinion) and many i tried are unstable, i.e. they lead to screen flickering and noise. This seems to depend what kind of objects you draw on the amoled screen, thickness of lines etc I will experiment more when i get my developer phone as i also want the color combinations shown in #2

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
i want your green horse.like on the video lockscreen one,

Oh ! is it so ? But still is a good app. Will wait till you cud optimise it for the white one !! One more thing, will your app interfere with the billboard standby screen app ??

@ibrakalifa: I uploaded the green knight, please see the corresponding thread [Empty your mind] Playing videos / animations on N9's standby screen

@omar451451: You better ask the author of billboard standby screen.The app seems to be proprietary, i cannot know how it works. Thp will be able to answer your question.

hi when i uninstalled the StandByMee, the widget in standbyscreen of meecast shows now on center of the screen.how can i bring it back the right position? The same thing happen with DIY operator logo

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Bangalore
Originally Posted by BluesLee View Post
For those who wonder why i selected the above 'ugly' colors: This seems not to be easy as we have only 2^3 colors available for this task (#000000, #ff0000 and so on ...) and i get always screen flickering and noise with other combinations (just drawing an empty board).
I would also prefer something like

i think different shades of grey would be acceptable.

I'm at work right now with no photoshop or any of the picture editing tools, but I think the following will be a lot easier on the eye:
Light gray background(for white squares), black for dark.

White pieces with black outline - so they show on both light and dark squares.
Black pieces with white outline - so they show on both light and dark squares.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danested For This Useful Post: