Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 868 | Thanked: 474 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Capital District, NY, USA
http://posttopic.com/topic/google-vo...on-development

Some initial work done for automation.

The Following User Says Thank You to brontide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Wichita, KS
I've got a test version of the Firefox addon here. A few new things need to be sent to place calls, otherwise Google Voice returns an internal server error. You'll find those in the addon source. I look forward to an update to DialCentral.

The Following User Says Thank You to chadsmith For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
Man, parsing that XML looks a whole lot easier

I hope to get as much done as possible tonight. Tomorrow I won't have as much time due to pie baking for my favorite holiday of the year

EDIT: Status Update
Login: Good
Getting Account Number: Good
Getting All Callback Numbers: Good
Getting All Recent Calls: Good
Calling: Having issues with both regular and mobile version right now
Contacts: GData contacts half implemented, screen scraped not implemented

Last edited by epage; 2009-03-14 at 02:20. Reason: Updating Status

The Following User Says Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 28 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Victoria, BC
On the google voice web page you can enter phone numbers to dial directly. There is also another button to do sms directly.

(Of course, when I play back voice messages on my n800 they go at about twice normal speed so are totally unintelligible. The best part of the new google voice is that they will do speech-to-text and email the text of the message to you)

Posts: 868 | Thanked: 474 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Capital District, NY, USA
Originally Posted by darrellpf View Post
(Of course, when I play back voice messages on my n800 they go at about twice normal speed so are totally unintelligible.)
In the Google Voice user Forum there were others complaining about this. I wonder if it's a problem for some of the versions of flash. Hopefully the fact that others are having the trouble ( presumably not on n8x0's ) means that it will be addressed in short order.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
I'm going to miss using Dialcentral, one of my favourite tablet apps. Google is locking out Canadian users shortly... I guess I can keep using my Gizmo number, but that's only a fraction of this app's functionality.

That bring up an interesting point. Epage, you should probably change the name of the package so that GrandCentral users can continue to use the current packages without being "upgraded" to google voice.

I would expect that support for Canada will probably be next, presuming that there are no legalities that would make it risky for them. It will probably take several months though and you may be spared the currently quirky behavior some users are experiencing.

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
I was actually planning on having the backend runtime switchable. You will be able to choose which service you want use at login and then I will check what cookie files exist for which would be the default.

Not much progess since last night, busy with my Pi Day prep. The latest I expect it working is Tuesday since I'm busy for the next couple of days. If anyone wants to help, its all in svn.

Originally Posted by TrueJournals View Post
Might be out of the scope of DialCentral, but I'd love to see SMS messaging integrated if you can do it.

Looking forward to the new version that uses Google Voice I'll wait patiently, though... Well... maybe :P
I 2nd this one. Integrated sms would be the cat's ***.

what I wold like to see, which is totally out of the scope of DialCentral, (but would be awesome) is an integrated SIP client, instead of having to use either gizmo, or the RTCOMM.

since this SIP client is meant to be used as a phone, what I think would be amazing, would be to only have the sound come out of the left speaker, at a very reduced volume, and also lock the screen during calls. this way, you can hold the n8xx up to your head , much like a phone (more privacy), and not have to worry about your face pressing things. you could just make it a fake lock, where the program runs fullscreen, and you have to do a swipe or somethign to exit, so it doesn't actually lock the screen, but it will at least prevent accidental mushing of things with your face.

This is something that I have wanted for a while, and if I had the time, I would do it myself. I would just like to be able to use it like a regular phone, and not speakerphone, without needing a headset.