Notices

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
tried it, it doesn't show the map as i'm trying to update place (israel), as well distanation thing doesn't work - as it can't find (used it as i use it in maps.google.com).

Posts: 2,869 | Thanked: 1,784 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Po' Bo'. PA
Great potential fcrochik!

Hitting "enter" from the keyboard does indeed cause it to resume tracking while moving. Perhaps adding this to the drop down menu until you settle on an on screen element will at least eliminate the need to open the keyboard which is difficult when the N900 is mounted in a moving vehicle.

Hopefully you will continue to concentrate on this apps moving map capabilities by adding things like user settings for "direction up" and "map lead".

Portrait mode causes these parameters now to display the position on the right side of the screen cutting lead time down when traveling west to east.

BTW, how often does the traffic layer refresh? Could this be a user setting too?

SLN member # 009

Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by M_99 View Post
Another feature request
From my own experience and what I read in the threads finding an address from contacts in ovi-maps doesn' work, what makes it quite useless.

Would it be possible to import addresses from contacts to get navigation infos ?

CU - M_99
Agreed 100%. I am working on implementing the "local business search" so you can get directions for a business that you don't know the name.

I plan to integrate geeps with mycontacts so you can get directions to get to a contact address and/or add business you find on geeps to the the addressbook.

p.s. Before anybody start complaining about having to use mycontacts: it will be a dbus signal any other developer will be welcome to use it.

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
How do you find the version?

geeps -v doesn't seem to do it, or it's not in my path.
You need to check the version on HAM, FAP or using the x-terminal:
Code:
dpkg -p geeps
How do you go back to your location?
please read previous pages: for now ENTER on the keyboard.

How to zoom?
please read previous pages: volume buttons
n/m these, found first Post entries...

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network

Last edited by fcrochik; 2010-10-21 at 12:10.

map dose not load.
no option available !

program will be closed after few minutes with this error :

by pressing yes or no, application will be closed.
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to 222 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ammyt View Post
does it voice navigate
No....

Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
tried it, it doesn't show the map as i'm trying to update place (israel), as well distanation thing doesn't work - as it can't find (used it as i use it in maps.google.com).
Destination (and starting point) only accepts an address. The new version will allow to search for local business (google local search).

Originally Posted by YoDude View Post
Hitting "enter" from the keyboard does indeed cause it to resume tracking while moving. Perhaps adding this to the drop down menu until you settle on an on screen element will at least eliminate the need to open the keyboard which is difficult when the N900 is mounted in a moving vehicle.
I will come up with something for the next version.

Hopefully you will continue to concentrate on this apps moving map capabilities by adding things like user settings for "direction up" and "map lead".
"direction up"? Do you mean where is North? I can't change that (or at least didn't find how)....Is that possible with google? It would be great if it is.

"map lead"? Didn't get what you mean by that either ....Can you explain?

BTW, how often does the traffic layer refresh? Could this be a user setting too?
I don't know how google maps deals with it. Didn't find any setting for that.

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

Originally Posted by 222 View Post
map dose not load.
no option available !
by pressing yes or no, application will be closed.
It is a bug (actually more like two):

For now you need to make sure to be to connected to the internet before you start the application. Starting the application will trigger the "connect to the internet" dialog but the application will show the error message (instead of waiting for the connection to be ready and then loading the map).

The second error is that the "yes" on the message box should make the application try to load the map again but I got it wrong

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

The Following User Says Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fcrochik View Post
It is a bug (actually more like two):

For now you need to make sure to be to connected to the internet before you start the application. Starting the application will trigger the "connect to the internet" dialog but the application will show the error message (instead of waiting for the connection to be ready and then loading the map).

The second error is that the "yes" on the message box should make the application try to load the map again but I got it wrong
I've connected to internet before I start the app.
I've tried several times. several days. but same problem.

Originally Posted by 222 View Post
I've connected to internet before I start the app.
I've tried several times. several days. but same problem.
That is odd....
Open your standard web browser on the device and try to go to http://www.crochik.com/gps.html just to make sure that you can.

Let me know.

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
For Maemo/N900:

The Following User Says Thank You to fcrochik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by fcrochik View Post
That is odd....
Open your standard web browser on the device and try to go to http://www.crochik.com/gps.html just to make sure that you can.

Let me know.
thanks.

I've found the problem.
I've this problem with some google services.
Originally Posted by Google Chrome Web Site
Thanks for your interest, but the product that you're trying to download is not available in your country.

Last edited by 222; 2010-10-21 at 23:48.

The Following User Says Thank You to 222 For This Useful Post: