Active Topics

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
you can run it with nohup in front, it should stay running after you close the terminal.

Edit: Silly idea, activate it when the proximity sensor is closed and the phone tilts, so that closing the proximity sensor and tilting left cycles left etc...

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Last edited by qwazix; 2012-12-11 at 16:05.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qwazix For This Useful Post:
Posts: 443 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Grenoble, France
Originally Posted by ThraxZzz View Post
OMG! it works ! Thanks thedead1440! really glad to have you in this forum,also,thanks thp for this

Cheers!
thedead is the best

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mousse04 For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
I deleted my earlier post as thanks to brkn i've managed to add the Dbus calls!

Also he has helped me to make the script cleaner.

As before Exec=/bin/sh /home/user/cyclotron.sh allows 1 icon to toggle between killing/starting the switcher as well as printing in banner whether it is started/stopped

Contents of /home/user/cyclotron.sh (note icon take from project page; if you don't want the icon just replace the "path/to/icon/" string with '') :
Code:
#!/bin/sh

SERVICE="/opt/cyclotron/bin/switcher"

if ps -ae | grep -v grep | grep "$SERVICE" > /dev/null
then
        kill `pgrep -f "$SERVICE"`
        dbus-send --print-reply --dest=com.meego.core.MNotificationManager /notificationmanager com.meego.core.MNotificationManager.addNotification uint32:0 uint32:0 string:'device' string:'' string:"Cyclotron stopped" string:'' string:"/usr/share/icons/hicolor/80x80/apps/cyclotron.png" uint32:0
else
        "$SERVICE" &
        dbus-send --print-reply --dest=com.meego.core.MNotificationManager /notificationmanager com.meego.core.MNotificationManager.addNotification uint32:0 uint32:0 string:'device' string:'' string:"Cyclotron started" string:'' string:"/usr/share/icons/hicolor/80x80/apps/cyclotron.png" uint32:0

fi

The last optional stage if needed would be to make it a toggle like Piratebox which shows the status although I'm not very sure about implementing a toggled icon like Piratebox due to speed issues...

I understand the above may be very basic for most so please ignore it; I'm just sharing what I managed for my set-up

N.B. The above has been edited to point everything to cyclotron instead of generic names like switcher or cycle as well as an icon has been added which can be gotten from the project page. Screenshots for the above can be viewed here and here...

Last edited by thedead1440; 2012-12-12 at 12:30. Reason: modifying to suit cyclotron's origins

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
I understand the above may be very basic for most so please ignore it; I'm just sharing what I managed for my set-up
I wouldn't be that sure. There are many people here who don't post often because they're just users and not devs, but they like when "basic" stuff like that is provided. Some of them talk often though they don't know anything, like me.

Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 673 | Thanked: 230 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Mumbai
how to use it
installed but nothing happened

Posts: 368 | Thanked: 826 times | Joined on May 2012 @ India
For the lazy guys like me, I created few desktop files and a png icon.
After you install the cyclotron deb file, copy the .desktop files to /usr/share/applications

and copy the icon to usr/share/icons/hicolor/80x80 (optional)

you'll have four icons for starting, killing swutcher, previous window, and next window.
you can link these to myMoves to have a swipey ui switching running

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/30937627/Cyclotron.rar

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to bibek For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
Systemui is still opensource so it is possible (if somebody wants to hack it) to implement swipe on the statusbar (a bit hard to hit though) to switch between windows.

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
then it will be only next window switch...

Thxk. This is awesome.
I use this by ProfileMatic with custom action. Now I can switch between apps when the device is awake and disable it when it's idle.

Does the new version of this program only flips one app per keypress or continously (when clicking and holding volume button down) like the first version did? I'd prefer the second behaviour to be disabled, no use for it at all, it just gets in the way too often. Please share an info if it can be disabled.