Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
There is already a Tapatalk client for Harmattan: Siilihai

I also made my own one: Tapasboard. I never got to "market it" because Siilihai works fine. Obviously, I like the interface on mine better

You do not really require an API key if you don't want to use the "push notifications" features, which are useless because they are closed source. I contacted them about this and they made clear they have no intention to make push notifications available to 3rd party clients, so I'm actually against enabling them in TMO.

(In fact I once considered forking the spec to add true universal push notifications support)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
well I at least want to control the entry in the tapatalk network, no matter what client is used! I have no idea how that client stuff works but do I need to enter your client to talk-backend in any way?

Originally Posted by chemist View Post
well I at least want to control the entry in the tapatalk network, no matter what client is used! I have no idea how that client stuff works but do I need to enter your client to talk-backend in any way?
For "normal browsing", once you install the Tapatalk plugin, there is an endpoint URL ( ie http://talk.maemo.org/mobiquo/mobiquo.php ). That is the way 3rd party clients basically access the forum. On most clients in fact you need to introduce this URL manually. You do not need to whitelist anything because 3rd party clients just "act" like the official one.

EDIT: And as you can see on the attached images, Tapasboard can already display it.

Now, registering the forum with the Tapatalk site provides 2 extra features:
- The forum is listed on the Tapatalk Directory -- but the directory is not public and thus useless to 3rd party clients. It is obviously desirable for users of the official client You can control how TMO's entry will look: name, icon, visibility...
- "Push notifications" -- again, not public, so useless except for iOS and Android users.

Last edited by javispedro; 2013-09-11 at 15:41.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Email notifications work okay for me, but if TMO can get push notifications for our other devices that Tapatalk already supports, then why not?

The Tapatalk response to the 3rd party support question is a "soft no" in my book, meaning that they may have no short term plans to support it, but that there is a chance for a policy change in the future.

At any rate, I'm happy and thankful for how well things are going and thank Chemist and all the devs for their efforts.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

The Following User Says Thank You to Hacker For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Jan 2013 @ Madrid, Spain.
Originally Posted by javispedro View Post
There is already a Tapatalk client for Harmattan: Siilihai

I also made my own one: Tapasboard. I never got to "market it" because Siilihai works fine. Obviously, I like the interface on mine better

You do not really require an API key if you don't want to use the "push notifications" features, which are useless because they are closed source. I contacted them about this and they made clear they have no intention to make push notifications available to 3rd party clients, so I'm actually against enabling them in TMO.

(In fact I once considered forking the spec to add true universal push notifications support)
Hello.
First... thanks for your work.
Where can i find the installer??

Posts: 152 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ Russia Saratov
Originally Posted by campeon View Post
Hello.
First... thanks for your work.
Where can i find the installer??
you about this - http://www.siilihai.com/get.html ?

Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
@javispedro

I copied the tapasboard source, built it witk Qt Creator in windows for Harmattan and the app doesn't seem to work.
Starting the app only show up with Tapatalk community forum entry and it's empty when clicked. Is something else needed or is it just not in usable state yet?

Posts: 673 | Thanked: 230 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Mumbai
Can someone please make a deb of tapasboard for MeeGo? ???

Tapasboard is just a proof of concept. Among other things, the list of forums is hardcoded.

Use http://www.siilihai.com/get.html .

The Following User Says Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post:
Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
some statistics... the official client is used by 0.5% (yes there is a dot) of our daily logged on userbase... some nasty JS needed to be turned off as they were promoting tapatalk automagically to mobile clients with a script loading an offsite promotion from tapatalk servers which stalls frequently...