Notices

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Krakow, POLAND
Originally Posted by totalizator View Post
Huh. Seems like it's broken. I'll try to build latest Git version and I'll let you know if it's working.
[FIXED in 0.7-2] The problem was: https://github.com/vysheng/tg/issues/440. You can upgrade to 0.7-2 as soon as it gets imported from the autobuilder.

There's a problem during authentication since an IP of the telegram data center has changed and the login somehow seems to depend on the hard-coded presets

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to totalizator For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by totalizator View Post
[FIXED in 0.7-2] The problem was: https://github.com/vysheng/tg/issues/440. You can upgrade to 0.7-2 as soon as it gets imported from the autobuilder.
works perfectly now. thanks for this!

Posts: 23 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ Germany
I tried it today and sadly it didn't work as it doesn't trigger the authentification code. So could you update it to the newest version?
I tried to compile it myself on the N900, but it failed to load with symbol _bswap32 not available.

Seems to work fine, many thanks!

Still have a question, is there a automaic phonebook-synchronization at every startup? If so, how does it handle phonenumbers not saved in international format? Do I need to change them?
Can I manually start a synchronization, too?

Edit: Why does Pidgin have no Tray symbol?! Of course 'show Trayicon' is always - but there is no symbol? What is going on there? Any ideas? I can't leave the window open all the time...

Last edited by Micha1982; 2015-06-12 at 01:11.

Posts: 197 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Dubai, U.A.E.
Works fine for me.. Although id prefer a seperate app for it but it works fine with Pidgin. :-)

Yeah - but what about the synchro-function and the Pidgin-tray-symbol?

Is the symbol shown at your phone? I canīt see the tray-icon, something seems to be wrong here...

Nothing here too.

hopefully it will be fixed....there seems to be a standalone app, too - but it looks like its in early beta and I didnīt tried it.

All in all it seems to have a nice functionality!

And I still need to test if phonebook synchronizes, for now I have no friends in there, but hopefully that changes soon.

The Following User Says Thank You to Micha1982 For This Useful Post:
Same here. I have a few but not all syncd. But i do hope Telegram gets a port for N900.. so i dont have to use pidgin.

Well while telegramm is ok for u, is not ok for many people. Pretty all contacts in my list using whatsapp, and I can't see need to migrate to telegram. What functionality does this provide over whatsapp? Advanced encryption?

Tags
pidgin, telegram